Today is 11/11/11

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
They are Indian Runner Ducks. Occasionally, you get one with a crest, and it's called a "Bali." That one is Scooter, a male, and the other two are Cheepers and Smiley (females). They are good egg layers, and they eat bugs. We hatched them last spring after my daughter found the eggs at a farm where the kids do volunteer chores once a week.

Note the jar of worms at the upper left (duck snacks for later).

Ryan_m_b

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
We had a 2-minute silence today at this time (11:11 AM) in school. I was in my physics lesson. We were all being silent, and then about a minute in, someone blurted out "HAS ANYONE FOUND THE EMF FOR QUESTION 6?!!?!!?!".
What an absolute tool. I hope they were ridiculed and reprimanded for it.

turbo

Gold Member
Yay! What a wonderful family photo, Chi!!!!

FeDeX_LaTeX

Gold Member
What an absolute tool. I hope they were ridiculed and reprimanded for it.
Well, we all sort of just looked at him and thought "ugh, you moron..."

Evo

Mentor
They are Indian Runner Ducks. Occasionally, you get one with a crest, and it's called a "Bali." That one is Scooter, a male, and the other two are Cheepers and Smiley (females). They are good egg layers, and they eat bugs. We hatched them last spring after my daughter found the eggs at a farm where the kids do volunteer chores once a week.

Note the jar of worms at the upper left (duck snacks for later).
Wow, it looked like a dollop of meringue. They look like very happy ducks.

Ryan_m_b

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Well, we all sort of just looked at him and thought "ugh, you moron..."
Good, it boils my blood when people think to make a joke about such a thing and find a two minute silence amusing.

Two great families Chi Meson.

AlephZero

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I was doing my weekly supermarket shop at about 12:30 local time today, and there was an old guy pushing his trolley around in his "sunday best" black suit, a military beret, and about 15 war medals pinned to his chest. I guess he had stopped off on his way home from a local remembrance parade.

DaveC426913

Gold Member
Just wait for next year 12/12/12 12:12 It'll be the last for awhile. there's no 13/13/13.
Not the least of which because the world will have ended. :biggrin: