Who is Celebrating Their 126th Birthday Today in the World of Physics?

In summary, the conversation is about Google's daily image and how it celebrates different events and people. Specifically, the conversation mentions the current image being about Erwin Schrödinger's 126th birthday and how it may not be visible to everyone yet due to time differences. The conversation also touches on past designs and the enjoyment of interactive images.
davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2023 Award
Google's image today is a well known physics subject

post here before it disappears...

Erwin Schrödinger's 126th birthday

attachment.php?attachmentid=60846&stc=1&d=1376274979.jpg

cheers
Dave

Attachments

• erwin_schrdingers_126th_birthday-2002007-hp.jpg
    erwin_schrdingers_126th_birthday-2002007-hp.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 534
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
looks great, I don't see it though :(

I think it's because davenn posts from *tomorrow*!1 How crazy is that.

But if I don't see it tomorrow, I'll say davenn posts from an alternate dimension.

I'll say davenn posts from an alternate dimension.

My mom used to say, many yrs ago, ... "Dave's a way off in a world of his own" :smile:

I really liked the design on this one :D

Hi nick

they do come up with some cool designs celebrating all sorts of discoveries, birthdays etc
have saved a few of them to hard drive over recent years :smile:

Dave

ahh never fort about saving them :P

I always loved the interactive ones like pacman, or the Olympic games, which got me through some tough English lessons back in the day :P

I was so happy when I saw this. I the fact that the cat w.f. is properly normalized cracked me up.

Very cool! I also like this one from earlier this summer:
rosalind_franklins_93rd_birthday-2002005-hp.jpg

good 'ol x-ray googles 8)

I saw the cat one yesterday, love it.

1. What is the significance of today's physics Google logo?

Today's physics Google logo is a special logo created by Google to commemorate an important event or person related to the field of physics. It could be a celebration of a scientific breakthrough, the birthday of a renowned physicist, or a reminder of an important concept in physics.

2. Who designs the physics Google logos?

The physics Google logos are designed by a team of artists and engineers at Google. They work closely with experts in the field of physics to ensure accuracy and relevance in the design.

3. How often are physics Google logos released?

Physics Google logos are released sporadically, usually to celebrate a specific event or date. They are not released on a regular schedule like other Google Doodles.

4. Is there a way to see past physics Google logos?

Yes, you can see past physics Google logos by visiting the Google Doodle archive. Simply search for "Google Doodle archive" and filter the results by selecting "Physics" under the "Category" tab.

5. Can I suggest a physics Google logo idea?

Google welcomes suggestions for Google Doodles, including physics logos. You can submit your ideas through the "Propose a Doodle" form on the Google Doodle website. Please note that not all suggestions will be used.