Settle the Bet: Whose Big Toe Sticks Out Further?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Toe
In summary, the conversation is about the length of people's big toes. Some people have big toes that stick out farther than their other toes, while others have big toes that are the same length as the toe next to it. The conversation also touches on gender differences and the possibility of it being related to genetics. Some people share photos of their toes and there is some playful banter about toe size and shape.

Take off your socks and look at your big toes:

• My big toes stick out the farthest of all my toes.

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • My big toes do not stick out as far as my other toes.

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
Aahhhh!

Physics news on Phys.org
Monique said:
There is a category missing: my big toe sticks out AS far as the toe next to it (me): the normal category :tongue:
Yeah, I just wanted a choice of two, really. Like Siskel and Ebert (oops, Roeper). It's either 'toes up' or 'toes down'.

How do people with Sample A toes ever change direction while running? Maybe that's why Evo's so injury prone?

At least Moonbear doesn't have the same problems with her toes as this guy. Or, worse yet, these people. (My favorite was contestant 16). All of these people should improve the conditioning of their feet with http://www.comfortshoe.com/foot_exercises_.htm .

All of that and nothing to indicate which type is the 'normal', or most common type, and which is the 'freak of nature'. A random sampling of the 'ugly toes' contestants suggests Sample B might be more common, but maybe that just suggests a bias against Sample B toes. In fact, the more I think about it (and the more toecial slurs I hear), the more I'm convinced people with Sample B toes are an oppressed ethnic group deserving special hiring preferences for civil service jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow BobG, I used to think that I had ugly feet. Not anymore. :bugeye:

Moonbear said:
Okay, just to satisfy Huck's foot fetish :biggrin:, here's a picture of my foot to show you I don't match either picture.
In my books, that qualifies as a small big toe / sample B freak of nature.

(And for future reference, that's not a thumbnail image, it's a toenail image... :rofl: )

arildno said:
You've got a very social tiny toe, Moonbear!
It obviously want to be friends with its neighbour..
:rofl: Yes, it is. That, or maybe it's camera shy and trying to hide under the toe next to it. :biggrin:

DaveC426913 said:
In my books, that qualifies as a small big toe / sample B freak of nature.
Hey now! I may be a freak of nature, but I'm definitely not some ordinary, sample B freak of nature! :grumpy: You're just jealous because you don't have a friendly little toe. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
I'm definitely not some ordinary, sample B freak of nature!
True, you are a most unusual freak of nature. I happen to know that that's a picture of your right foot.

Danger said:
True, you are a most unusual freak of nature. I happen to know that that's a picture of your right foot.
And nobody ever believes me when I tell them I have two left feet... :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
Okay, just to satisfy Huck's foot fetish :biggrin:, here's a picture of my foot to show you I don't match either picture.
Those are some nice little piggies. Wait til I get my ugly hogs on here. (Nothing compared to BOB G's feet I swear.)

and why does huck know what Bob G's feet look like?

He posted them on a previous page :wink:

where?
i had to add this because my message is too short :uhh:

The hairy one? I thought that was a dog at first. Must be hard to wear shoes with all that hair.

i would vote, but one is larger than the others, and one is smaller. I'm not sure if that is normal, but i don't care. i broke all but 2 of my toes, so, as you can see, i really don't care about them, i never use em.

Fibonacci

I used the information in your location to take satellite pictures of your feet. They look fine. You just need to clip your toenails.

:uhh:
that redefines the phrase "big brother is watching"

Fibonacci

Okay, Huck sent me a picture of his foot to post here. So, here you go.

http://www.kathyboast.com/turtle/scan2/turtle-flipper.jpg

He wasn't kidding when he said he had a flipper for a foot! :biggrin:

Okay, here's the real picture attached. :shy:

Attachments

• HuckleberryFoot.jpg
    HuckleberryFoot.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 464
Last edited by a moderator:
you mean that's not the real picture?? :

Flipper foot? That looks like my foot except my second toe is smaller.

edit: oh, the bottom picture is huck's...nevermind. :redface:

Evo said:
Flipper foot? That looks like my foot except my second toe is smaller.

edit: oh, the bottom picture is huck's...nevermind. :redface:
Though, he sure does have a strange growth on the top of his foot...that copper-colored penny-shaped one. :rofl:

that's pennyitis. you get it when you act like a cheap...uhh...person. :biggrin: :uhh:

That is a quarter actually. I put it in for scale. I have problems finding shoes wide enough to fit my feet comfortably. And I'm not doing my foot aerobics in that picture. I promise that my feet are nearly prehensile.

Even in the big version I have, I thought it was a penny. :rofl: I didn't look closely, but it seemed to be copper colored, not silver-colored.