Delicious Tofu Recipes for a Unique Salad

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary, basking tofu in flower/egg/breadcrums or marinating it in balsamico vinegar and stirfrying it will give it a good taste.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Does anyone know a good way to prepare tofu on it's own?

I'm thinking basking it in flower/egg/breadcrums and frying it, or marinating it in balsamico vinegar and stirfrying it.. but no idea how it's going to taste :tongue2: maybe add some pepper 'n salt :rolleyes:

Something that tastes good along a raw chicory salad with a sourcream dressing sweetened with orange lemonade and pieces of orange :uhh: lol, mission impossible..

Physics news on Phys.org
Deep frying it is nice. But then again, deep frying anything is nice.

It might go well with the salad? + Lemon?

Hey, that brings me on a idea.. I've got smoked tofu, I'll make a marinade with orange juice, orange and lemon zest, together with a copious amount of freshly grated ginger and a touch of balsamic vinegar.. that should work :biggrin:

Monique said:
Does anyone know a good way to prepare tofu on it's own?

I'm thinking basking it in flower/egg/breadcrums and frying it, or marinating it in balsamico vinegar and stirfrying it.. but no idea how it's going to taste :tongue2: maybe add some pepper 'n salt :rolleyes:

Something that tastes good along a raw chicory salad with a sourcream dressing sweetened with orange lemonade and pieces of orange :uhh: lol, mission impossible..
Oh... :redface: Are you for real ? :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

It's marinating.. this is going to be interesting :eek:

Hi Monique, how have you been?

Maybe you could make one of those Sheppard's Pies (sp) with tofu instead.

Baked tofu on brown basmati rice with yellow squash and peppers... sooo yummy! And some sugar-free peach jello for dessert! I'm stuffed! :biggrin:

If you're in a hurry, you could always just put the tofu in a mixed vegetable stir fry and put in some soy sauce and hot sauce.

I usually fry tofu until it's brown/crispy cut it into cubes and dip it into soy sauce with some lime juice added into it.

1. What are the health benefits of incorporating tofu into my salad?

Tofu is a great source of plant-based protein, making it an excellent option for vegetarians and vegans. It is also low in calories and fat, making it a healthy choice for those looking to maintain or lose weight. Tofu is also rich in iron, calcium, and other essential nutrients.

2. Can I use any type of tofu for these recipes?

Yes, you can use any type of tofu for these recipes, including firm, extra firm, or silken tofu. However, the texture and firmness of the tofu may affect the final result, so it is best to follow the recipe's instructions for the recommended type of tofu.

3. Are there any substitutes for tofu in these recipes?

If you are unable to eat tofu or simply do not enjoy its taste, you can substitute it with other protein sources such as chickpeas, edamame, or tempeh. You can also use cooked chicken or shrimp for a non-vegetarian option.

4. How long can I store leftover tofu salad?

Leftover tofu salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, the texture and flavor may change over time, so it is best to consume it within 1-2 days for the best taste and quality.

5. Can I add other ingredients to these recipes?

Absolutely! These recipes are just a starting point, and you can add your favorite vegetables, fruits, nuts, or dressings to customize the salad to your liking. Just make sure to adjust the seasoning and dressing accordingly to maintain the right balance of flavors.