Tofu recipe

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Does anyone know a good way to prepare tofu on it's own?

I'm thinking basking it in flower/egg/breadcrums and frying it, or marinating it in balsamico vinegar and stirfrying it.. but no idea how it's going to taste :tongue2: maybe add some pepper 'n salt :rolleyes:

Something that tastes good along a raw chicory salad with a sourcream dressing sweetened with orange lemonade and pieces of orange :uhh: lol, mission impossible..

Answers and Replies

Deep frying it is nice. But then again, deep frying anything is nice.

It might go well with the salad? + Lemon?

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hey, that brings me on a idea.. I've got smoked tofu, I'll make a marinade with orange juice, orange and lemon zest, together with a copious amount of freshly grated ginger and a touch of balsamic vinegar.. that should work :biggrin:

Monique said:
Does anyone know a good way to prepare tofu on it's own?

I'm thinking basking it in flower/egg/breadcrums and frying it, or marinating it in balsamico vinegar and stirfrying it.. but no idea how it's going to taste :tongue2: maybe add some pepper 'n salt :rolleyes:

Something that tastes good along a raw chicory salad with a sourcream dressing sweetened with orange lemonade and pieces of orange :uhh: lol, mission impossible..
Oh... :redface: Are you for real ? :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It's marinating.. this is going to be interesting :eek:

Hi Monique, how have you been?

Maybe you could make one of those Sheppard's Pies (sp) with tofu instead.

Baked tofu on brown basmati rice with yellow squash and peppers... sooo yummy! And some sugar-free peach jello for dessert! I'm stuffed! :biggrin:

If you're in a hurry, you could always just put the tofu in a mixed vegetable stir fry and put in some soy sauce and hot sauce.

I usually fry tofu until it's brown/crispy cut it into cubes and dip it into soy sauce with some lime juice added into it.