1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tofu recipe

1. Oct 7, 2004 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Does anyone know a good way to prepare tofu on it's own?

I'm thinking basking it in flower/egg/breadcrums and frying it, or marinating it in balsamico vinegar and stirfrying it.. but no idea how it's going to taste :tongue2: maybe add some pepper 'n salt :rolleyes:

Something that tastes good along a raw chicory salad with a sourcream dressing sweetened with orange lemonade and pieces of orange :uhh: lol, mission impossible..

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2004 #2
    Deep frying it is nice. But then again, deep frying anything is nice.

It might go well with the salad? + Lemon?

4. Oct 7, 2004 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hey, that brings me on a idea.. I've got smoked tofu, I'll make a marinade with orange juice, orange and lemon zest, together with a copious amount of freshly grated ginger and a touch of balsamic vinegar.. that should work :biggrin:

5. Oct 7, 2004 #4
    Oh... :redface: Are you for real ? :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

6. Oct 7, 2004 #5

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's marinating.. this is going to be interesting :eek:

7. Oct 10, 2004 #6
    Hi Monique, how have you been?

8. Oct 10, 2004 #7
    Maybe you could make one of those Sheppard's Pies (sp) with tofu instead.

9. Oct 10, 2004 #8
    Baked tofu on brown basmati rice with yellow squash and peppers... sooo yummy! And some sugar-free peach jello for dessert! I'm stuffed! :biggrin:

10. Oct 10, 2004 #9
    If you're in a hurry, you could always just put the tofu in a mixed vegetable stir fry and put in some soy sauce and hot sauce.

11. Oct 10, 2004 #10
    I usually fry tofu until it's brown/crispy cut it into cubes and dip it into soy sauce with some lime juice added into it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?