1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tolerance tables homework

1. Aug 16, 2006 #1
    Determine, by using the attached tolerance tables,the deviations for 145H8/d9 .

for only 145H8 ,i know what i mean but 145H8/d9 what does it mean??

pls help
    thanx

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 16, 2006 #2
    I don't have the formal definition with me, but for quick reference here we go:

Capital letter refers to sockets or holes, while small letter refers to shafts. Remember this form: Socket/Shaft

4. Aug 16, 2006 #3
    ok....but then for 145H8/d9 , do u mean the nominal=145 is the same for H8 and d9??

bacause normally i know how to solve 145H8 but for 145H8/d9 which there appears a /d9, what should i do with it??

5. Aug 16, 2006 #4
    This is because

"Inner diameter of the socket (tube) = 145 unit = outer diameter of the shaft."

Hence, there is no point repeating 145 twice.

By the way, why are you posting machine design problem here in Advanced Physics forum?:smile:

6. Aug 16, 2006 #5
    because i post on the other forum,and got little replies,so i try it out here

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?