Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Tolman solution

1. Jan 25, 2017 #1
    Hello,

Can anyone suggest some text(books/papers) for a better understanding of Tolman solution and the solution with f(R) corrections?

I came across Tolman solution while studying exact solutions of Einstein's equations,first in "Lectures on General Relativity by A. Papapetrou" and later in "An introduction to the theory of early universe(vol. 2) by Gorbunov and Rubakov". But still i need more literature on the subject and i wish to study the solution in presence of f(r) corrections.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2017 #2

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Can you give more information or a reference for which solution this is?

4. Jan 25, 2017 #3
    For the closed solution.
    I am looking for an example of the closed solution and the solution with f(R) corrections.

5. Jan 25, 2017 #4

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Sorry, that doesn't help. Please give a reference.

6. Jan 25, 2017 #5
    Hello Peter,

I am actually looking for a reference or example myself to study from.

7. Jan 25, 2017 #6

PeterDonis

2016 Award

How do you know about "the Tolman solution"? Where did you learn of it? You have to have some source of information.

8. Jan 25, 2017 #7
    I came across Tolman solution while studying exact solutions of Einstein's equations,first in "Lectures on General Relativity by A. Papapetrou" and later in "An introduction to the theory of early universe(vol. 2) by Gorbunov and Rubakov". But still i need more literature on the subject and i wish to study the solution in presence of f(r) corrections.

As for the latter part i came across this-
    http://www.worldscientific.com/doi/abs/10.1142/9789814374552_0384

but i prefer a cheaper alternative.

Sorry, i should have posted the details beforehand.

9. Jan 25, 2017 #8

PeterDonis

2016 Award

10. Jan 25, 2017 #9
  11. Jan 26, 2017 #10
    There is lots of recent stuff related to this topic on arxiv, and it's not paywalled. I've been looking at a few papers on Tolman-Bondi gravitational collapse, but the maths is way over my head unfortunately. I'd appreciate more discussion on the matter . . . ;)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted