Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tom Mattson has given me a warning

1. Jul 7, 2005 #1
    Tom Mattson has given me a warning for merely presenting the opinion that obesity-related deaths are more serious than deaths from terrorism. His reason?

"Bicycle Tree: Shut up.. "

:rofl:
    i.e. he has no reason at all.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 7, 2005 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

It would seem Tom is warning you about your inflammatory and seemingly insenstive remarks (posts) in the "Terrorist Attack hits London, City on Alert" thread. Evo has also warned you by post in that thread, and so have numerous other participants.

Simply show consideration to other people. :smile:

4. Jul 7, 2005 #3

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You'd have to be a blithering idiot not to understand the reason.

5. Jul 7, 2005 #4

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I have a hunch that this thread & post have earned you a second warning. :tongue:

Daniel.

6. Jul 7, 2005 #5
    The fact remains that I have not offered any insensitive remarks whatsoever. I have only stated that one tragedy--obesity--vastly overshadows another.

7. Jul 7, 2005 #6

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's a matter of opinion.

Saying it in 1 post wouldn't have got you a warning. Saying it in 11 posts is obnoxious. You deserve the warning for Generally Annoying Behavior, and it's going to stick despite the fact that you've made it public.

Case closed.

8. Jul 7, 2005 #7

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you think obesity is the biggest tragedy, think how many people are suffering from hunger. But that is not the subject of discussion. I think Tom is right with his statement:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?