Tom Mattson has given me a warning

• Thread starter BicycleTree
  • Start date
In summary, Tom Mattson has given a warning to the speaker for repeatedly expressing the opinion that obesity-related deaths are more important than deaths from terrorism. Despite the speaker's claims that they were not being insensitive, other participants and moderators saw their behavior as obnoxious and deserving of a warning for Generally Annoying Behavior. The argument is now considered closed.
BicycleTree
Tom Mattson has given me a warning for merely presenting the opinion that obesity-related deaths are more serious than deaths from terrorism. His reason?

"Bicycle Tree: Shut up.. "

:rofl:
i.e. he has no reason at all.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It would seem Tom is warning you about your inflammatory and seemingly insenstive remarks (posts) in the "Terrorist Attack hits London, City on Alert" thread. Evo has also warned you by post in that thread, and so have numerous other participants.

Simply show consideration to other people. :smile:

You'd have to be a blithering idiot not to understand the reason.

I have a hunch that this thread & post have earned you a second warning. :tongue:

Daniel.

The fact remains that I have not offered any insensitive remarks whatsoever. I have only stated that one tragedy--obesity--vastly overshadows another.

BicycleTree said:
The fact remains that I have not offered any insensitive remarks whatsoever.

That's a matter of opinion.

I have only stated that one tragedy--obesity--vastly overshadows another.

Saying it in 1 post wouldn't have got you a warning. Saying it in 11 posts is obnoxious. You deserve the warning for Generally Annoying Behavior, and it's going to stick despite the fact that you've made it public.

Case closed.

BicycleTree said:
The fact remains that I have not offered any insensitive remarks whatsoever. I have only stated that one tragedy--obesity--vastly overshadows another.
If you think obesity is the biggest tragedy, think how many people are suffering from hunger. But that is not the subject of discussion. I think Tom is right with his statement:

Tom said:
Saying it in 1 post wouldn't have got you a warning. Saying it in 11 posts is obnoxious. You deserve the warning for Generally Annoying Behavior, and it's going to stick despite the fact that you've made it public.

Case closed.

1. What does it mean when Tom Mattson gives a warning?

It means that Tom Mattson has observed or noticed something that could potentially be harmful or dangerous and is informing you to take caution.

2. What kind of warning does Tom Mattson typically give?

This can vary, but typically Tom Mattson gives warnings related to safety, potential risks, or rules and regulations.

3. Why would Tom Mattson give me a warning?

Tom Mattson may give you a warning for a variety of reasons, such as to prevent accidents or injuries, to ensure compliance with rules and regulations, or to protect your well-being.

4. How should I respond to a warning from Tom Mattson?

You should take the warning seriously and follow any instructions or precautions given by Tom Mattson. It is important to acknowledge the warning and take appropriate actions to avoid any potential harm.

5. Can I ignore a warning from Tom Mattson?

No, it is not recommended to ignore a warning from Tom Mattson. Warnings are given for a reason and ignoring them could lead to negative consequences. It is important to take warnings seriously and act accordingly.