Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tomorrow I will make ~$70,000 in 8 hours.

1. May 20, 2008 #1
    MY DRUG GOT APPROVED BY THE FDA AND IT IS THE FIRST DRUG OF ITS KIND!!!

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080520/20080520006603.html?.v=1

I've got at least 10,000 shares at $3.00. My stock should reach the $8-10 range tomorrow when the market opens. We've got a ton of other good crap in our pipeline, I could become filthy rich from just working here.

2. jcsd
  3. May 20, 2008 #2
    Good--great---

--and, I'm glad you're not working on bad crap

4. May 20, 2008 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Congrats!

5. May 20, 2008 #4
    That's exciting. I'm really happy because I might make 25,000 over the next 4 months...

6. May 20, 2008 #5
    Is it really possible for the stock to increase 200% on just this one drug ? I mean is it really something many people are suffering from bowel reconstruction? If it were a cancer drug I would believe it but i guess we'll have to wait and see.
    congrats on the windfall

7. May 20, 2008 #6
    So, does this mean I should buy a whole bunch?

Are you sure you can announce this?

8. May 20, 2008 #7
    Nice. You guys must have a good hunch or something.

9. May 20, 2008 #8
    its a press announcement

10. May 20, 2008 #9
    The press release is already posted, so its ok for him to mention it. By the way, good job!

11. May 20, 2008 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Good luck GNW!

12. May 20, 2008 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Congrats! Though, I'm a bit confused. I thought that was the drug you were talking about a while ago that was running into major side effects in clinical trials and facing discontinuation. Or was it something similar in name/function, but not this one?

13. May 20, 2008 #12
    16%+ in after market, looks like it will be a good day for you tomorrow! Next time tell us the day before the PR... JK! :)

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  14. May 20, 2008 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Should we start calling you Martha? :rofl:

15. May 20, 2008 #14
    btw, you should donate some of that to charit.... Physics Forums :)

16. May 20, 2008 #15

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Congrats gnw. Don't go crazy spending it now. Certainly that could be useful for paying off school loans.

Hopefully this will boost the companies revenues and provide some breathing room for the near term.

17. May 20, 2008 #16

Ha, it is the same drug indeed. So far, it is approved for short term use after post operative ileus surgery. The complications we have ran into were for long term usage of the drug to treat opioid bowel disfunction (OBD) which comes from the long term use of opioid analgesics for chronic pain. The FDA put a clinical hold against us for clinical trials in OBD, but after today the FDA lifted its hold and research will continue. This is why I think the stock will nearly double. The OBD market is much bigger and probably worth at least a billion dollars or more. If you look at the data from the last clinical trial for OBD all of the negative incidents came from only 1 research site. Why? Research will continue.

Right now we also have a 2 delta opioid agonists in phase II right now. The delta compounds are the first opioid pain killers out there to target the delta receptor. If that shows good data too, the sky is the limit since we have even more good stuff in our pipeline.

http://sec.edgar-online.com/2007/12/05/0001193125-07-259725/Section10.asp

FYI---if you are not familiar with opioids, opioids are some of the most potent analgesics known. There are 3 main opioid receptors: mu, kappa, and delta. Drugs like morphine target the mu receptor. Our 2 compounds in phase II target the delta, which no drug out there right now does.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  18. May 20, 2008 #17
    Congratulations! You work in Exton?

19. May 20, 2008 #18
    Yeah.

20. May 20, 2008 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ah, cool.

If you develop one specific for the kappa receptor, let me know! :biggrin: We're interested in that one in controlling reproductive cycles.

21. May 20, 2008 #20
    Actually you know what? I think we already have explored the kappa receptor. The program was started and axed before I even got there (for reasons I do not know). I'm sure if I look through our compound library I will find some potent kappa agonists/antagonists that we have previously made. The program could have been terminated due to toxicity issues or maybe for the simple fact that we didn't see any in vivo efficacy in pain models. But who knows, maybe they would work in another model for a different treatment.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?