Too complex to figure out

In summary, the problem is about internet speed and a proportion of 4:1 between "my_country" and "abroad". The internet speed is given as 256 kbps, but it is not specified whether this is the speed in "my_country" or "abroad". It is not possible to use this proportion to find the final speeds in both locations.
ramguru
I have one big headache that is connected to math. So the problem is about internet speed. Let's say it's 256_kbps. My internet provider says that the speed agrees with proportion 4:1 (my_country:abroad). Please help me to figure out my final speed in my country (in kbps) and abroad. There are many thoughts, but what is the most correct. Thanks...

Mathematics news on Phys.org
"The internet speed" is 256 kpbs where? In Lithuania? Suppose then that the internet speed "abroad" is x. Then 256/x = 4/1, which gives x = 64 kbps.

If "the internet speed" is 256 kpbs abroad, and the speed in Lithuania is y, then y/256 = 4/1, which gives y = 1024 kpbs.

It wouldn't be so complex if I knew your question.

ramguru said:
I have one big headache that is connected to math. So the problem is about internet speed. Let's say it's 256_kbps. My internet provider says that the speed agrees with proportion 4:1 (my_country:abroad). Please help me to figure out my final speed in my country (in kbps) and abroad. There are many thoughts, but what is the most correct. Thanks...

You have a proportion of "my_country: abroad= 4:1" and assert that "it's 256_kbps". Okay what is IT? Is that the speed in "my_country" or is it the speed in "abroad". You CAN'T use a proportion like that to find BOTH!

What does it mean when something is "too complex to figure out"?

When something is described as "too complex to figure out", it means that it is difficult or impossible to fully understand or solve. This could be due to the subject matter being highly complicated, or there may not be enough information or resources available to fully comprehend it.

What are some examples of things that are considered "too complex to figure out"?

Examples of things that are considered "too complex to figure out" include advanced mathematical concepts, the inner workings of the human brain, and the origins of the universe. These topics require advanced knowledge and technology to fully understand, and even then, there may still be unanswered questions.

Is there a limit to how complex something can be before it becomes "too complex to figure out"?

There is no definitive limit to how complex something can be before it becomes "too complex to figure out". It ultimately depends on the individual's level of understanding and the available resources. Some may find certain things more difficult to understand than others, and what may seem complex to one person may be easily comprehensible to another.

Can "too complex to figure out" ever be overcome?

While some things may be deemed "too complex to figure out" at a given time, it is possible for our understanding to evolve and for advancements to be made that allow us to overcome this complexity. This has been demonstrated throughout history with breakthroughs in science, technology, and other fields.

What can we do when faced with something that is "too complex to figure out"?

When faced with something that is "too complex to figure out", we can approach it with an open mind and a willingness to learn. It may also be helpful to break the concept down into smaller, more manageable pieces and to seek out resources or experts who can provide further insights and explanations.