1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Too many math/science classes?

1. Jan 21, 2008 #1
    I'm taking calculus, physics, com sci, physics lab, and a life science class w/ lab this quarter and I feel like I'm having a hard time memorizing all that material I'm being taught, especially for math and physics since there are so many equations in physics. The homework load is manageable so far, but math, physics, and computer science are all very time consuming classes. How do I know whether I'm taking too many math and science classes? What is a good number of math and science classes per quarter? Also, are schools that are on a semester system necessarily easier (in terms of having math and science classes more spread out)?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 21, 2008 #2
    It really depends on you. I was taking a semester long course in differential equations at a local community college -- considered to be the best in the state -- at the same time I was "taking" the MIT open courseware DifEq course. In about 10 MIT classes I learned everything that my classmates did in 15 weeks. Frankly, I preferred the former, so it really depends on you and your school.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?