Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

TOO much forums ?

1. Jul 31, 2003 #1
    With the new layout, won't it be misleading for the users (specially new ones) were they should put their topics ?
    I personally think that (apart from the first point) the forums will be harder to view and check and browse.
    Just a point of view though.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 31, 2003 #2

Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

We really only added two forums and expanded the homework forum. Sure the organization is different, but I think it makes more sense. Give it a week and tell me what you think then.

4. Jul 31, 2003 #3
    The only new forums are "physics fun," "people in physics," and the three homework help forums (which aren't really new). I personally like the new layout. I particularly like that the physics forum is now on top and the mystics and pseudoscience is in an entirely different section. I guess that's just me though. I always thought it would be nice to have a hundred different section all really specific. For instance, have a section not just on math, but break math up into its parts. I can understand your point of view, however. I was considering placing a "people in mathematics" thread but I decided not to because I couldn't figure out if it should go in the "people in physics" section or the "mathematics" section.

5. Jul 31, 2003 #4

Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

Maybe I should change it to 'people in science'?

6. Jul 31, 2003 #5
    Damn Greg, you been working overtime. Looks like Tom will be too

7. Jul 31, 2003 #6
    Let’s see, we have Hang Out zones and a Homework Help Zone.
    I think the Homework division at the collegiate level was a good idea. The Hang Out zones I probably could have done without the split.

8. Jul 31, 2003 #7
    Greg -

Expert Admins always seem to say, keep the forums simple. You don't want to have too many topics and too many boards.

You seem to be okay though, since I've seen BBS with much more topics.

9. Jul 31, 2003 #8

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Meh, I don't think the restructuring will induce a higher volume of questions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?