Too Many Forums? New Layout May Be Misleading

• Thread starter STAii
  • Start date
In Summary, I think the new layout makes it harder for new users to find the right forum, but it makes more sense and is better organized.
STAii
With the new layout, won't it be misleading for the users (specially new ones) were they should put their topics ?
I personally think that (apart from the first point) the forums will be harder to view and check and browse.
Just a point of view though.

Physics news on Phys.org
We really only added two forums and expanded the homework forum. Sure the organization is different, but I think it makes more sense. Give it a week and tell me what you think then.

The only new forums are "physics fun," "people in physics," and the three homework help forums (which aren't really new). I personally like the new layout. I particularly like that the physics forum is now on top and the mystics and pseudoscience is in an entirely different section. I guess that's just me though. I always thought it would be nice to have a hundred different section all really specific. For instance, have a section not just on math, but break math up into its parts. I can understand your point of view, however. I was considering placing a "people in mathematics" thread but I decided not to because I couldn't figure out if it should go in the "people in physics" section or the "mathematics" section.

Damn Greg, you been working overtime. Looks like Tom will be too

Let’s see, we have Hang Out zones and a Homework Help Zone.
I think the Homework division at the collegiate level was a good idea. The Hang Out zones I probably could have done without the split.

Greg -

Expert Admins always seem to say, keep the forums simple. You don't want to have too many topics and too many boards.

You seem to be okay though, since I've seen BBS with much more topics.

Originally posted by Shadow
Damn Greg, you been working overtime. Looks like Tom will be too

Meh, I don't think the restructuring will induce a higher volume of questions.

What is the new layout for "Too Many Forums" and why is it causing confusion?

The new layout for "Too Many Forums" is a more streamlined and simplified design that aims to make the forums easier to navigate. However, some users have expressed confusion with the new layout because it may not be immediately recognizable as a forum.

Are there any benefits to the new layout?

Yes, the new layout has several benefits. It is more visually appealing and user-friendly, making it easier for users to find and participate in discussions. It also improves site performance and load times.

Will the new layout affect my ability to access and participate in forums?

No, the new layout does not affect your ability to access or participate in forums. All previous forums are still accessible, and you can continue to participate in discussions as usual.

What changes have been made to the forums besides the layout?

Aside from the new layout, there have been some minor changes to the forums. Some features have been rearranged or removed to improve navigation and user experience. However, the overall functionality of the forums remains the same.

How can I provide feedback on the new layout?

If you have any feedback or suggestions about the new layout, you can contact the site administrators or leave a comment in the designated feedback section. Your input is valuable and will be taken into consideration for future improvements.