Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Toothbrush hygiene helper

1. Feb 19, 2010 #1
    http://www.toothbrushhygienehelper.com/

Looks like a $20 plastic cup to me! :uhh:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2010 #2
    So it has vents. . . That let the air in which supposedly makes them less hygienic?

4. Feb 19, 2010 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

A $20 plastic cup? Genius!

5. Feb 19, 2010 #4
    I think it should at least come with a serving of bubble tea in it!

6. Feb 20, 2010 #5
    In my house, we don't store toothbrushes in the same container. I would think by everyone prying the top of the container off, you would need to wash it often, more so when the Grandkids are here.
    So for me it would be a big no, for the toothbrush cup.

7. Feb 20, 2010 #6

turbo

Gold Member

My wife bought a similar product (though for a dollar or so) and we pitched it pretty quickly. Toothbrushes come with oddly-shaped handles, some fatter than others, and they always seemed to splay out wider than the cap, so it was a pain to use.

8. Feb 24, 2010 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Even regular open toothbrush holders never fit the toothbrushes I use. Mine just sits on the shelf inside my medicine cabinet rather than out on the counter anyway. If you want a plastic cup with a vented, domed lid, just save the one you get with a frappuccino at Starbucks (even then, it's still going to be overpriced).

I don't even like trying to use those plastic travel cases for toothbrushes. The inside can get pretty icky pretty quickly from the brush touching the inside of it. Actually, so does the shelf of my medicine cabinet where I keep my toothbrush...but that's much easier to wipe down with a little bleach solution every so often.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook