Top 10 Web Fads: I Remember These Yikes!

• Thread starter jma2001
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Web
In summary, the conversation discusses the top 10 internet memes from 1998, including Jib-Jab, Hampsterdance, Dancing Baby, and Ellen Feiss. Some users are familiar with these memes, while others have never heard of them. There is also a mention of other popular memes such as All Your Base and the Star Wars kid.
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey, they left out PF! :biggrin:

Of those top 10, I am only familiar with Jib-Jab. :rofl:

Actually, I seem to remember Hamsterdance from a GD thread. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was only familiar with three of them: Hampsterdance (which I discovered much later than 1998), Dancing Baby, and Jib-Jab (and I only know about Jib-Jab because some of their cartoon parodies have been featured on the Tonight Show).

geez, the only one I don't know is #7 (Ellen Feiss). I probably need to get off-line more...

Im shocked that all your base isn't number one. never heard of the Mahir one.

What, no love for John Titor? :tongue2:

You guys never saw the Star Wars kid? One of the funniest things I have ever seen. The remixes with music were even funnier.

1. What is a web fad?

A web fad is a trend or phenomenon that becomes popular on the internet for a short period of time. It can include viral videos, memes, challenges, or other forms of online content.

2. What are some examples of past web fads?

Some past web fads include the "Harlem Shake" dance, the "Ice Bucket Challenge," the "Mannequin Challenge," and the "Planking" trend. These were all popular for a short time and gained widespread attention on the internet.

3. Why do web fads become popular?

Web fads become popular for various reasons, such as being relatable, humorous, or unique. They often spread through social media and word of mouth, gaining momentum and attention from a large audience.

4. Do web fads have any impact on society?

Web fads can have a significant impact on society, as they can influence popular culture, media, and even social and political issues. They also have the power to bring people together and create a sense of community.

5. Are web fads just a passing trend?

Yes, web fads are typically short-lived and eventually fade away as new trends emerge. However, some web fads may have a lasting impact and become a part of internet culture or even mainstream culture.