What are the top 3 reality TV shows that people are watching right now?

• Thread starter MrOrange99
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reality
In summary, these two people set up an outdoor skeet shooting event in a public park, forgetting that there was a lot of people in the park and some of them might be children. They were shooting skeet over a pond right next to an old man and a small boy fishing. This was a very dangerous and irresponsible thing to do.
MrOrange99
Most of us watch them, although only some will admit to it, lol.

What is everybody's top 3 reality shows right now?

Physics news on Phys.org
McGyver? Magnum P.I.? I don't really like reality shows. I'll flip on Survivor sometimes. Oh, and don't forget The Bachelor. Every guy loves that show. :tongue2:

I live in reality, who needs a reality show, or a reality show that is fake? Like Big Brother, The Real World, The Bachelor? In what real life situation do you have 25 hot women trying fighting for you?

The Joe Schmoe Show

FCZ, HCZ and, uhm...FCZ!

1.None
That's it.

reality tv shows make me feel tricked and stupid. For example, I was watching that Gotti one and I was really pissed at those kids for how retarded they are. I kept watching because I couldn't believe what I was watching... Some people actually act like this?? Anyway, I ended up watching the whole thing, not because I liked watching it but because I those kids are retarded.

With survivor, it's all just negotiating about who should vote for whom, and the jerk always wins. That is always disappointing.

I like survivorman though, that is cool. It may not be a full fledged reality show, but it's pretty neat to watch that dude survive out in nowhere for a week without a supply of food or water.

My top 3 is 1 - The Apprentice, 2 - Black & White, 3 - Psychic Detectives .

The other close calls are - The Amazing Race, Surreal Life, and American Idol.

"Reality TV" to the viewer, is as what arsenic is to fine cusine.

-rachmaninoff

MrOrange99 said:
[my #3 favorite reality television show is]- Psychic Detectives

You know those aren't real?

I like survivorman though, that is cool. It may not be a full fledged reality show, but it's pretty neat to watch that dude survive out in nowhere for a week without a supply of food or water.
Yeah, I can't wait for that show to get here.

I watch survivorman sometimes when i catch it on. It can be interesting although sometimes you get the feeling the guy is kind of overplaying the danger of the situation to make it more exciting, which i guess i understand, but still. Like, it might be a beautiful day, in the forest with a pleasant creek and all, and he'll be "It's brutal out here, my challenge? To survive."

Last edited:
Mk said:
You know those aren't real?

Yeah, I can't wait for that show to get here.

Do you know which psychic detectives I am talking about? It is captured on FILM.

wow, that japanese show seems pretty crazy... that would pretty much suck.

The Japanese have already made the best reality TV show that anyone can make and I will never watch another reality TV show again.
I'v heard about Japanese shows. I thought they were weird. Then I got to Guam and watched Japanese shows. Guam makes money off tourists, and all the tourists are Japanese, thus we have 3 Japanese cable channels. I always think they are really weird. Weird! I don't get what they are saying at all but one show is like MSNBC, another one is like Japanese Whose Line Is It Anyway?, another is like The View... except they do really weird things. One time I remember, this guy came out and started hitting one of the host-girl's foot with a whip and they were all laughing. One time on that View show, they had breast enhancing cream. Ooooh. I watched that one.

MrOrange99 said:
Most of us watch them, although only some will admit to it, lol.

What is everybody's top 3 reality shows right now?

1. Commercials
2. Commercials
tied for 3rd. Commercials and Commercials.

Reality tv isn't.

MrOrange99 said:
My top 3 is 1 - The Apprentice, 2 - Black & White, 3 - Psychic Detectives .

The other close calls are - The Amazing Race, Surreal Life, and American Idol.

I'm going to puke.

Hey I like the Amazing Race. And the Surreal Life has a lot of nudity. Especially the second one.

MrOrange99 said:
The Apprentice
I've only seen one small snippet of that show and it was terrifying.
These two people were supposed to organize a special meeting regarding the Tundra or some such truck. They decided to do this outdoors in a park and have outdoor sport activities. The only two I saw were a rock climbing wall and skeet shooting. Skeet Shooting in a public park!:eek:
They set the launching machine up next to a pond and were launching and shooting the skeet over the pond in the park. The skeet and pieces of skeet were dropping into the water and to top even that you could see just on the other side of this pond there was an old man and a small boy fishing. These people were actually shocked that they were told they couldn't shoot skeet there by the ranger.
What kind of idiots would think this was a good idea? And these are the sorts of people running corprate America!

Has anyone else seen Beauty and the Geek, is there an American version? The idea is to take various males studying philosophy, maths, physics, etc., and team each one up with a stunning woman. Each pair chooses the bedroom they will share in this Scottish Castle, while he teaches her about what things scientific, and she teaches him, say, how to dance. I could barely watch thinking it was going to be horribly cruel and generalising, but found it was really sweet. The second installment is on tonight.

1. What are the top 3 reality TV shows?

The top 3 reality TV shows are currently The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Survivor, and Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

2. How do these shows impact society?

Reality TV shows can impact society in a variety of ways. They can influence popular culture, shape societal norms and values, and even affect viewers' behavior and attitudes.

3. What makes these shows so popular?

There are a few factors that contribute to the popularity of these reality TV shows. They often feature relatable or aspirational characters, dramatic storylines, and an element of competition or conflict.

4. Are these shows scripted?

While some elements of reality TV shows may be scripted or edited for entertainment purposes, the majority of the content is unscripted and captures real-life situations and interactions.

5. How do these shows impact the participants?

Participating in a reality TV show can have both positive and negative impacts on an individual. It can bring fame, fortune, and new opportunities, but also scrutiny, criticism, and a loss of privacy.