What is this H+ particle, is it related to the Higgs Bosons and is it proven?

In summary, the conversation discusses the decay processes of a top and anti-top particle, where the anti-top decays into a weak boson and an anti-bottom, while the top decays into a H+ particle and a bottom. The H+ particle is thought to be related to the Higgs Bosons, but its existence has not been proven. There is also a discussion about Feynman diagrams and their connection to physical reality.
HarryDaniels
I am currently looking at a diagram of a top and anti top decay. The anti top decays into a weak boson and an anti bottom and the weak then decays into an electron and electron anti-neutrino. On the other side the top decays into a H+ particle and a bottom.

Physics news on Phys.org
HarryDaniels said:
I am currently looking at a diagram

Where?

Doesnt matter now, it was a google picture which wasnt objective, sorry for the post.

H+ particle associates for me with a .. hydrogen ion - basically a proton..

Thanks.
And I meant a tauon anti-tauon.

The charged Higgs boson, in supersymmetric extensions to the standard model and two-Higgs doublet models.

Does that mean that the Higgs boson is proven?

HarryDaniels said:
Does that mean that the Higgs boson is proven?

what do you mean "proven"?

There is no connection between Feynman diagrams and what is seen in experiments... I can make up any model and thus Feynman diagrams I want... what makes you think that just because there is a certain Feynman diagram that must reflect the physical reality?

HarryDaniels said:
And I meant a tauon anti-tauon.
tau decays to b,H? There are at least two things wrong with that, I think.

ansgar said:
what do you mean "proven"?

There is no connection between Feynman diagrams and what is seen in experiments... I can make up any model and thus Feynman diagrams I want... what makes you think that just because there is a certain Feynman diagram that must reflect the physical reality?

one of the rules of Feynman diagrams is that it has to represent a possible process that can occur in nature.

HarryDaniels said:
I am currently looking at a diagram of a top and anti top decay. The anti top decays into a weak boson and an anti bottom and the weak then decays into an electron and electron anti-neutrino. On the other side the top decays into a H+ particle and a bottom.

in one of my books, i have that t decays to a W which then decays into an anti muon and muon neutrino.

What is this H+ particle?

The H+ particle, also known as the positively charged hydrogen ion, is a subatomic particle that consists of a single proton without any electrons. It is the most basic form of hydrogen and is found in a variety of chemical and physical processes.

Is the H+ particle related to the Higgs Boson?

No, the H+ particle and the Higgs Boson are two different particles with different properties. The Higgs Boson is a subatomic particle that gives other particles their mass, while the H+ particle is a form of hydrogen.

Is the existence of the H+ particle proven?

Yes, the existence of the H+ particle has been proven through various experiments and observations in particle physics. It has been detected in laboratory experiments and is also found in natural phenomena such as lightning strikes and the solar wind.

Is the H+ particle related to the concept of antimatter?

Yes, the H+ particle is considered to be the antiparticle of the negatively charged hydrogen ion (H-). Antiparticles have the same mass as their corresponding particles, but opposite electric charge.

Can the H+ particle be used in practical applications?

Yes, the H+ particle has various practical applications such as in the production of hydrogen fuel cells, in medical imaging techniques, and in the study of plasma physics. It is also used in industrial processes such as water treatment and semiconductor manufacturing.