Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Topology interest

1. Jul 14, 2004 #1
    Hi, I am not sure if this would be the right place to post this but i know that it is a mathematical concept.

I have read a bit about topology in the latest scientific american, and it really intrigued me. I am fascinated by this idea.

Therefore i ask if you would kindly point me in the direction of any useful topology sites... ie, any you have come across.

Thanks a lot K_ :biggrin:
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 14, 2004 #2
    I had trouble with topology last term because it's so ridiculously counter-intuitive. (I do better with stuff that makes sense) Anyway here's some stuff from good ol Mathworld:
  4. Jul 15, 2004 #3
    Was it the article on the Poincaré conjecture? That was really facinating. Can anyone reccomend a good undergradate text in toplogy?
  5. Jul 15, 2004 #4
    Wich topology u are asking about?
    there are an infinity kind of topology
  6. Jul 15, 2004 #5
    the standard intro to point-set & algbraic topology is of course Topology by Munkres. I also like the ones by Dugundji & Willard, but those ones are a bit more advanced than the Munkres one.
  7. Jul 16, 2004 #6
    yeah the one about Poincare. It was great
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?