1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Topology interest

1. Jul 14, 2004 #1
    Hi, I am not sure if this would be the right place to post this but i know that it is a mathematical concept.

I have read a bit about topology in the latest scientific american, and it really intrigued me. I am fascinated by this idea.

Therefore i ask if you would kindly point me in the direction of any useful topology sites... ie, any you have come across.

Thanks a lot K_ :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 14, 2004 #2
    I had trouble with topology last term because it's so ridiculously counter-intuitive. (I do better with stuff that makes sense) Anyway here's some stuff from good ol Mathworld:
    http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Topology.html

4. Jul 15, 2004 #3
    Was it the article on the Poincaré conjecture? That was really facinating. Can anyone reccomend a good undergradate text in toplogy?

5. Jul 15, 2004 #4
    Wich topology u are asking about?
    there are an infinity kind of topology

6. Jul 15, 2004 #5
    the standard intro to point-set & algbraic topology is of course Topology by Munkres. I also like the ones by Dugundji & Willard, but those ones are a bit more advanced than the Munkres one.

7. Jul 16, 2004 #6
    yeah the one about Poincare. It was great

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?