Can a New Topology Explain the Complexity of the Universe?

• Thread starter Mad_Morlock
  • Start date
In summary, this site is used for discussion of mainstream, accepted topics in science. This is clearly noted in the site's guidelines, which you agreed to upon registering. If someone comes up with a novel topology for the Universe that would take into account all the variables we're currently experiencing, why should that person not be permitted to post such information? Because this site is used for discussion of mainstream, accepted topics in science. This is clearly noted in the site's guidelines, which you agreed to upon registering.
Mad_Morlock
If someone comes up with a novel topology for the Universe that would take into account all the variables we're currently experiencing, why should that person not be permitted to post such information?

Physics news on Phys.org
Because this site is used for discussion of mainstream, accepted topics in science. This is clearly noted in the site's guidelines, which you agreed to upon registering.

There are a million other places where you can discuss non-mainstream science.

Mod. note: Moving to Feedback Forum.

- Warren

Besides, there is no topology to the Universe. It's all bottomology, or in some rare cases leftsideology.

Danger said:
Besides, there is no topology to the Universe. It's all bottomology, or in some rare cases leftsideology.

Danger, you're such a crank yanker. :uhh:

Mad_Morlock said:
If someone comes up with a novel topology for the Universe that would take into account all the variables we're currently experiencing, why should that person not be permitted to post such information?

Ask yourself instead:
Why should the OWNER of PF accept to set aside a bit of his band-width to the discussion of random speculations?
It is his site, not yours.

SpaceTiger said:
Danger, you're such a crank yanker. :uhh:

Are you insinuating that I work in a massage parlour? :grumpy:

:biggrin:

Danger said:
It's all bottomology, or in some rare cases leftsideology.
Incidentaly, most of the lefts' ideology is concentrated in the Latinus Americanis and Westeuropa sectors.

Too true. Whilst the rightmost are concentrated in the areas of greatest density. ie: black holes.

Not random speculations but logical conclusions derived from topological analysis of a 4 dimensional construct like a hypersphere.

If someone came up with a satisfactory topology that fit well with all experimental data to date, should they be permitted to share this information online? Or should the requirement of extensive peer review be the inital requirement?

Mad_Morlock said:
Not random speculations but logical conclusions derived from topological analysis of a 4 dimensional construct like a hypersphere.

If someone came up with a satisfactory topology that fit well with all experimental data to date, should they be permitted to share this information online? Or should the requirement of extensive peer review be the inital requirement?

The latter to post in the main physics forum. If not, the only place this is allowed is in the IR forum.

Zz.

The IR forum... now I can't see that? (Nevermind. Sub-sub forum. Gotcha.)

And I posted in the cosmology section because I figured that if I'm posing a thought regarding a topology for cosmology it should be there that I post it.

If you post something speculative with no peer-reviewed basis, then there's a good chance that the Mentor will remove it and do what I just did, point you to the IR forum.

Zz.

Already been done.

My analysis of topology is based on three questions.

1. Why is the Virgo cluster blue-shifted?
2. Why is the Draco cluster massively red-shifted?
3. Does metric expansion imply implosion across a temporal dimension?

Mad_Morlock said:
Already been done.

My analysis of topology is based on three questions.

1. Why is the Virgo cluster blue-shifted?
2. Why is the Draco cluster massively red-shifted?
3. Does metric expansion imply implosion across a temporal dimension?

Just out of curiosity in point #2, do you mean to say: a quasar in the draco constellation is massively red-shifted (because I don't think I've ever seen or heard any references to an astronomical entity named the "Draco cluster") ?

Danger said:

Umm, I believe you still left out the other 7 or 8 sides to our "M"ysterious universe :)

Mad_Morlock said:
The IR forum... now I can't see that?

Hmm, perhaps one needs to put on IR goggles to view that particular subform? :)

What is the topology of the universe?

The topology of the universe refers to the spatial arrangement of its fundamental components, such as galaxies, stars, and matter. It is a fundamental concept in cosmology and is an important area of study in understanding the structure and evolution of the universe.

How do scientists study the topology of the universe?

Scientists study the topology of the universe using a variety of methods, including observations of the cosmic microwave background radiation, measurements of the distribution of galaxies, and simulations using computer models. These methods allow scientists to infer the overall shape and structure of the universe.

What are the different types of universe topologies?

There are three main types of universe topologies: open, closed, and flat. An open universe has a saddle-like shape, a closed universe has a spherical shape, and a flat universe has a Euclidean shape. These topologies are based on the overall curvature of the universe.

What does the topology of the universe tell us about its origin and future?

The topology of the universe can provide insights into its origin and future. For example, a closed universe suggests that the universe will eventually collapse in on itself, while an open universe suggests that it will continue to expand forever. The topology also provides clues about the distribution of matter and energy in the universe, which can help us understand how it formed.

Can the topology of the universe change?

While the overall topology of the universe is thought to be constant, it is possible for small changes to occur due to the expansion and evolution of the universe. However, these changes are typically on a small scale and do not significantly alter the overall topology. As our understanding of the universe continues to evolve, we may discover new evidence that could potentially change our understanding of its topology.