TOR protocol clone

• Thread starter NotASmurf
  • Start date
In order to get a deeper understanding of network security, I seek to try implement a basic, yet theoretically as secure, version of TOR. Assume I have a function send(ip_adress,port,byte[]), and RSA encryption implemented.

All I can seem to find are articles describing that it simply uses intermediary nodes, is there a good place that offers a succinct explanation (pseudo code if you will) of how to build it from the ground up?

berkeman

Mentor
In order to get a deeper understanding of network security, I seek to try implement a basic, yet theoretically as secure, version of TOR. Assume I have a function send(ip_adress,port,byte[]), and RSA encryption implemented.

All I can seem to find are articles describing that it simply uses intermediary nodes, is there a good place that offers a succinct explanation (pseudo code if you will) of how to build it from the ground up?
I know basically nothing about TOR, but your post seems strange to me. I thought the whole point of TOR was to have a network of cooperating anonymous servers. How can you make that on your own?

https://www.torproject.org/index.html.en

jim mcnamara

Mentor
You have a link for reading. My impression is that you need to develop a very basic understanding of what TOR does. Please come back when you have specific questions about your own project.

Thread closed.

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving