Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tostitos 'Scoops' chips

1. Jul 5, 2006 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

First of all, before i speak, please ban yomamma or cyrus if they step foot in this thread. With that out of the way... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Who the hell thought these "Scoop" chips would be a good idea? I mean, if you seriously can fill up 1 chip with salsa... you either are the most incredible human being on earth, or are stupid for having such a crappy salsa. Second... if you're actually scooping up so much nacho cheese htat it can actually start filling the chips.... go to the ER and get your bypass surgery before dinner time. I'm trying to get some cheese in these things but i either need to scoop up waaaaay too much or it all just goes on the side. Bah!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2006 #2

JamesU

Gold Member

shut up pengwuino

4. Jul 5, 2006 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

You trolled my thread before i was even able to load the latest post threads to see if the thread was posted...

5. Jul 5, 2006 #4

JamesU

Gold Member

yeah pretty much

6. Jul 5, 2006 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Go back to xanga

7. Jul 5, 2006 #6

JamesU

Gold Member

xanga...????

8. Jul 5, 2006 #7

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I like those chips!

9. Jul 5, 2006 #8
    the scoop chips suck, you have to get the tostitos gold chips. they kick ass

10. Jul 5, 2006 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I like those chips. You don't have to fill the whole thing with salsa, but it's better than a flat chip. And, it's wonderful with guacamole. :approve: Oh, and I had a really tasty peach salsa that was more sweet than spicey, and was fabulous with those chips...except the salsa runs out before the chips do. :frown:

11. Jul 5, 2006 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I like to use them for a chili spoon. :approve:

Do you guys ever eat Frito pie?

12. Jul 5, 2006 #11

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

For the uninitiated:
    http://www.disgruntledhousewife.com/meals/frito.pie.html
    [​IMG]

13. Jul 5, 2006 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:uhh: I think I'm just going to let Tom do the cooking from now on. :biggrin:

14. Jul 5, 2006 #13
    Those "chips" taste like salt. They are terrible..........but I always eat them. (But that does not make them good)

I agree with you on this one, I think they are made for morons.

Then again, I should not expect good chips from Tostitos.

If you want good chips, you must get UTZ. They are only available in the east cost. (Made in PA).

Side, is Old Bay only popular in Maryland?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  15. Jul 5, 2006 #14

JamesU

Gold Member

best chips are doritos...Nacho Cheese...I don't care if it's not real cheese, it's good

16. Jul 5, 2006 #15
    That's NOT-YO-CHEASE FOO.

17. Jul 5, 2006 #16

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Very common at Little League baseball games in Houston. :biggrin:

Rotel Tomato-Cheese Dip is great with Frito Dip Chips or Tostitos.

Guacamole is great too!

18. Jul 5, 2006 #17

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I use to eat those all the time....

when i was 6

19. Jul 5, 2006 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Then I'm a moron. :grumpy: What I really like about them is they don't break when you dip them like regular chips. They seem more...hmm...reinforced? With regular chips, they always seem to break in whatever I'm dipping them into. The scoop ones just don't.

They always had it in NJ too. I still have two cans of it in my cupboard that for some reason I felt guilty throwing away (does it ever go bad?) but that I'll never use. I think it was something my parents bought on sale and gave me once upon a time, when I still lived in NJ (yeah, that long ago), and they've just traveled with the kitchen stuff ever since. I don't like it on my seafood though...I'm more like you, just boil it and dip it in butter or eat it straight. :approve:

20. Jul 5, 2006 #19
    I HATEEEEE those chips!

Well, a good salsa is light and 'runny,' at least that's how I've had it at good restaurant . There is one Mexican restaurant (right next to that Iranian Bakery), that has the best Mexican. Their salsa is light as I described, and they make their own chips, which are also light and doesn't have any salt. Salty chips are the worst! :yuck:

My mother always buys the Tostitos Chips and Dip. That dip is like mud, and those chips are like rock salt. Overall, they taste like crap. Bad combination. :yuck:

Someone should tell these people to stop putting so much damn salt in the chips! :mad:

The fact that they made the chips like a scoop is insulting. Is dipping a chip really that hard! :grumpy:

I think the people of Mexico should write letters of complaint!

I like UTZ chips, (though there not for salsa). Do you get UTZ chips? Those are great! Just the right amount of salt in them.

21. Jul 5, 2006 #20

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Well, I was going to marry you, but you don't like salt. :grumpy: Get over into the food thread.

Pengwuino is in danger too, he'd better go to the food thread.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?