Total denial of the truth

• Thread starter BLUE_CHIP
  • Start date
JasonRox said:
How about we make a deal? You get one by Feb. 14 and I'll get one by Feb. 14. This is based on the honour system, so that's all I can say about that.

You in? I'll PM you updates, like a Reality Story Show.

Sounds pretty good. Don't know how well I'd do, however. With my luck I'd probably fail. :rolleyes:

Now, this is a date or actually having a girlfriend?

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Chrono said:
Sounds pretty good. Don't know how well I'd do, however. With my luck I'd probably fail. :rolleyes:

Now, this is a date or actually having a girlfriend?

Keep it simple, and all you need to do is to go on a successful date.

You'll do fine. You won't fail, so don't worry about it.

Look at the bright side, you have an edge. I'm sort of known for being an idiot, and saying really stupid things. Some girls like it, but not the ones I want.

Note: When I said I say stupid things, I meant it in a way you probably can't grasp. I should stop, but its too hard and funny.

JasonRox said:
Keep it simple, and all you need to do is to go on a successful date.

Look at the bright side, you have an edge. I'm sort of known for being an idiot, and saying really stupid things. Some girls like it, but not the ones I want.

Just a date, huh? I think I do that.

I kind of do that, too. I only say stupid things just to get a laugh. Ususally it generates a chuckle or two.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Chrono said:
Just a date, huh? I think I do that.

I kind of do that, too. I only say stupid things just to get a laugh. Ususally it generates a chuckle or two.

Here's an example of what I meant by stupid:

- I gave a girl the nickname "Big Mac", and I used it until she wanted to kill me. No, she doesn't hate me. We laugh about it all the time, but she sure was mad, but I laughed at her anyways. We talk all the time.

- When I was just starting seeing my ex, awhile back, she asked me if I would cheat on her (with some girl I was friends with), I said "Yes, she's really hot."

- To the same girl above while driving to a hotel room. ;) She asked if I had the money for the room, and I said "Yeah." and I handed over the money. A minute later she replied "There's only half here.", and I replied "You're paying the other half." and she got mad. We still went, and had a great time.

I may seem like a jerk, but if you really get to know me, like some people do, I'm a really good guy. Most girls seem to view me as the good guy too, which is kind of cool. I'm always 100% honest.

I'm nice in the way of complimenting everything and cheering them up on bad days. When I say cheering them up on a bad day, I'm not saying "What's the matter? Can help I you?". That's just a bunch of crap. I can't really explain how it works, but the best way to go is to pretend you don't even know. Most people don't like other people knowing there not in the best mood. So be nice, and then you realize that later on they'll actually tell you what's going on without asking. Its all based on trust and honesty.

When I compliment, I will compliment things that aren't noticeable by most people. I'm talking from nail polish to a different lipstick. No, not a stalker, but a person who will notice. Also, when they ask things like, "How am I, out of 10?", I never say 10. Probably the dumbest thing you can say. Say something like "You're an 8 today, but do you remember that day when ____, well you were stunning." That's how you answer the question.

Not only do I compliment, I will openly say they look terrible if they ask. Very shocking most of the time, but if its the truth, that's what your getting. No bull****.

Note: If your wondering why my ex stayed with me even if I said I would cheat on her, its because (what she said) I was able to put her in the greatest mood regardless of what time of month it was (PMS).

Why don't I have a girlfriend? I'm a lazy cheap ass and I never really had interest in some girls for awhile. Most of them aren't girlfriend material, just one night stands (I'll tell them that too. :biggrin: )

My goal is to find a girl I like, and would actually think about for more than a minute.

What's your position? You know quite about me and my girl ways. What about you? Shy? I can get really shy when I really like the girl, but for some reason I'm not shy around the others.

Note: I apologize for hijacking the thread.

Last edited:
JasonRox said:
What's your position? You know quite about me and my girl ways. What about you? Shy? I can get really shy when I really like the girl, but for some reason I'm not shy around the others.

You hit it on the nail. I'm as shy as it comes when trying to hit on a girl, albeit, I've gotten quite a bit better in the last couple of years. It even took me a while to ask those two girls out.

There's this one girl at work who I've been trying to hit on (And yes, she does have a boyfriend. I just figured, "Why not?"). She has been giving me quite a few hugs lately, even though I've asked for them.

I think what my problem is I just don't know what to do. When I try to go for it, but my mind just goes blank.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Chrono said:
You hit it on the nail. I'm as shy as it comes when trying to hit on a girl, albeit, I've gotten quite a bit better in the last couple of years. It even took me a while to ask those two girls out.

There's this one girl at work who I've been trying to hit on (And yes, she does have a boyfriend. I just figured, "Why not?"). She has been giving me quite a few hugs lately, even though I've asked for them.

I think what my problem is I just don't know what to do. When I try to go for it, but my mind just goes blank.

I used to be REALLY shy, but then in high school I took a drama class and that helped huge. Now, the effects only happen with a girl I really like, like I said. If I know the girl and then I like her, then I'm fine. If its one of those girls with killer eyes, then I'm deadmeat.

A boyfriend, eh? I have no real advice for that since I don't recommend what I normally do. The best thing to do is to make her time around you great, positive and happy. That way she will always get that warm/happy feeling around you. You should do that for everyone anyways, but in case you don't normally act in that fashion, that's the way to go. Put it this way, whenever she gets in a little fit with her boyfriend or anyone she will want to have that warm/happy feeling and if your lucky, your pretty face will come up in her head. :biggrin:

Another piece of advice, that almost everyone will tell you, even girls, is don't WAIT TOO LONG. I made and still make this mistake a lot. You wait too long to "find" if she likes you before asking her out. The best way to go is to think realistically, and if there's a slight chance she might like you, ask away. Also, just because you ask a girl out that doesn't mean you can't talk anymore. When I was shy (other shy people did the same), that after you ask the person out and you get rejected, they seldomly talk anymore. Don't make that mistake either. I can almost guarantee that if you get rejected the first time, and still talk to the person on a regular basis, you will have an even better chance the second time. Why? Well everytime the person you asked thinks about you, the thought of you asking her out comes up. After awhile it just sticks, and you got it all wrapped up.

Also, another piece of advice that I love. DON'T THINK ABOUT IT! Don't think too much, and I know this is hard for our kind of people. I love this advice because when a friend wants a girl, but can't get the nerve to ask her out, I always say "think about it...think about it" and then they think too much and blow it. And then, I laugh at him.

Don't make plans for nothing. i.e. Planning the date when there is no date yet. (This is an example of thinking too much.)

Enough advice.

My update so far is nothing. There's this girl at work that seems to tell me everything that's going on "behind the scenes". I'm going to see what updates are up this weekend, but that's all I can do so far. School is out. My friend would like to hook me up with someone, but I don't know if it will happen or not. It might just be for a little something on New Year's and that's it. A date is what I need, and want. I also want a girlfriend with a relationship that lasts longer than a month.

Enough talking.

Good luck.

Note: Do what you want, but avoid asking that girl out when still seeing that guy. Continue with the hugs, its a nice touch. :biggrin:

JasonRox said:
Note: Do what you want, but avoid asking that girl out when still seeing that guy. Continue with the hugs, its a nice touch. :biggrin:

Great advice there, Jason. I'm going to start coming to you for some more often.

I have a small idea I want to bring up with you about that girl. I was thinking of saying something like this to her: "When are you going to dump your boyfriend so we can go out?" I'm going to try to make it more like hitting on her than asking her out, you know?

I'm definitely keep up with the hugs. She gives good ones. I told her that she might as well just give me one everyday. I have a great chance to go out with her and other guys from work, but as luck would have it they could get in touch with me when they tried. That really made me mad.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Chrono said:
I'm definitely keep up with the hugs. She gives good ones. I told her that she might as well just give me one everyday. I have a great chance to go out with her and other guys from work, but as luck would have it they could get in touch with me when they tried. That really made me mad.

Are you saying other guys at work have a shot too?

If yes and those guys get the same old hugs like you, it sounds like a flirty girl. Flirty girls are fun, and probably the best out of them all in my opinion.

I can't give any advice on how to get rid of the boyfriend. Like I said, keep it happy and positive around you.

The problem is that I don't know about your relationship with her, the boyfriend and what not.

I'll think about it.

JasonRox said:
Are you saying other guys at work have a shot too?

I probably wouldn't say that. From what I remember and gather I'd say that I'm probably the only one that asks for hugs from her.

and it was all my fault.