1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Total force

1. Nov 26, 2008 #1
    I am trying to figure out force of each vehicle if both travelling at 13.4112m/s one weighing 65kg and the other 75kg many thanks in return forgot to add they both have a crumple zone 0f .5m each

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 26, 2008 #2
    What do you mean by crumple zone ( I know what it is but what do you want to do with it?) and F=ma is the equation you're looking for.

4. Nov 26, 2008 #3
    I do understand f=mxa The problem I have is I have worked out the kinetic energy of each vehicle and the momentum of each vehicle but if the vehicle is travelling at 13.4112 m/s how do I figure the acceleration so as to figure the force. also once the impact occurs would the crumple zone show a difference in force of impact rather then a straight impact. I am also trying to figure out the change in momentum if anyone can help I would much appreciate Struggled with this question all day many thanks

5. Nov 26, 2008 #4
    I have figured out the force of the vehicles and the change in momentum I now need to calulate the change in energy. the 65kg vehicle has a kenetic energy of 5845.4593kj and the 75kg vehicle has a kenetic energy of 6744.7607kj can anyone tell me what i should do to calculate the change of energy on impact many thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook