I Touching and Zeno's paradox

How is the contact, or the interaction of electrons, if, according to Zeno's paradox, the distance between objects is divided into infinite points?

I don't understand what problem you think there is with treating spacetime as a continuum, which is basically what you are referring to. Quantum field theory, which is our best current theory describing the interactions of electrons and other particles, works perfectly fine with spacetime as a continuum.

Zeno didn't understand how a continuum works. We have learned a lot in the 2500 years since.

I don't understand what problem you think there is with treating spacetime as a continuum, which is basically what you are referring to. Quantum field theory, which is our best current theory describing the interactions of electrons and other particles, works perfectly fine with spacetime as a continuum.

Zeno didn't understand how a continuum works. We have learned a lot in the 2500 years since.
Do you want to say that electrons come into contact and do not need any discrete space?

what QFT says about that?
This is way too broad a question; you're basically asking for a course in QFT. That's beyond the scope of a PF discussion. You will need to take some time to learn QFT from a textbook.

Thread closed.

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving