1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tourist being chased by BEAR! OH NO! Help please

1. Sep 2, 2008 #1
    Tourist being chased by BEAR! OH NO! Help please :)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    A tourist being chased by an angry bear is running in a straight line toward his car at a speed of 4.76 m/s. The car is a distance d away. The bear is 38.2 m behind the tourist and running at 6.07 m/s. The tourist reaches the car safely. What is the maximum possible value for d?
    2. Relevant equations
    Please explain how you got the answer please. :)

3. The attempt at a solution
    My sisters problem about 10 states away. She needs your help :) Any phiysics is over my head. Not sure if this forum will even help since I see you have to do your own work first.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2008 #2
    Re: Tourist being chased by BEAR! OH NO! Help please :)

I fear you won't get a reply unless you get your sister to try to explain her attempts at a solution or to come and post the problem on here herself.

4. Sep 2, 2008 #3
  5. Sep 2, 2008 #4
    Re: Tourist being chased by BEAR! OH NO! Help please :)

F it? I was not not F-ing it in the first place... it's all good and well saying 'Tell me the answer to this problem' but it will do no good unless the answer's understood, so i was reluctant say owt...

hope your sis finds whozum and thebob useful..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?