Toxic compound

Hi does exist some liquid or solid toxic compound? for toxic i don't mean mortal! Thanks

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Borek
Mentor
Yes.

No idea what you are asking about and I am not sure if you know what you are asking about, but the answer still holds.

some examples?

That's water ***.

That's not toxic, is this post even serious?

Borek
Mentor
I don't like this...

This is what first leapt to mind, and with no reason given, I'm concerned about giving any advice or answers:

Wikipedia said:
Hydriodic acid is currently listed as a Federal DEA List I Chemical. Owing to its usefulness as a reducing agent, reduction with HI and red phosphorus has become the most popular method to produce methamphetamine in the United States. Clandestine chemists react pseudoephedrine (recovered from decongestant pills) with hydriodic acid and red phosphorus under heat, HI reacts with pseudoephedrine to form iodoephedrine, an intermediate which is reduced primarily to methamphetamine.[6]

Because of its listed status and closely monitored sales, clandestine chemists now use red phosphorus and iodine to generate hydriodic acid in situ.[7][8]

I don't like this...

This is what first leapt to mind, and with no reason given, I'm concerned about giving any advice or answers:

What did hydriodic acid have to do with the discussion? I can think of plenty of good uses for it.

Anyhow, I agree with Borek, the answer is, "Yes."

What did hydriodic acid have to do with the discussion? I can think of plenty of good uses for it.

Anyhow, I agree with Borek, the answer is, "Yes."

A concern about the nature of the question; I'm rather suspicious of people.