Toxic Compounds: Solids and Liquids

In summary, the conversation is about toxic compounds, specifically whether there are liquid or solid toxic compounds that are not necessarily fatal. The response to this question is that there are many examples, with dihydrogen monoxide and hydriodic acid being two examples mentioned. The use of hydriodic acid in the production of methamphetamine is also brought up, and there is a general suspicion towards giving any advice or answers related to this topic. Despite this, the conclusion is that there are indeed toxic compounds that are not necessarily fatal.
scientifico
Hi does exist some liquid or solid toxic compound? for toxic i don't mean mortal! Thanks

Last edited:
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Yes.

No idea what you are asking about and I am not sure if you know what you are asking about, but the answer still holds.

some examples?

what is exactly?

That's water ***.

That's not toxic, is this post even serious?

I don't like this...

This is what first leapt to mind, and with no reason given, I'm concerned about giving any advice or answers:

Wikipedia said:
Hydriodic acid is currently listed as a Federal DEA List I Chemical. Owing to its usefulness as a reducing agent, reduction with HI and red phosphorus has become the most popular method to produce methamphetamine in the United States. Clandestine chemists react pseudoephedrine (recovered from decongestant pills) with hydriodic acid and red phosphorus under heat, HI reacts with pseudoephedrine to form iodoephedrine, an intermediate which is reduced primarily to methamphetamine.[6]

Because of its listed status and closely monitored sales, clandestine chemists now use red phosphorus and iodine to generate hydriodic acid in situ.[7][8]

nismaratwork said:
I don't like this...

This is what first leapt to mind, and with no reason given, I'm concerned about giving any advice or answers:

What did hydriodic acid have to do with the discussion? I can think of plenty of good uses for it.

Anyhow, I agree with Borek, the answer is, "Yes."

DDTea said:
What did hydriodic acid have to do with the discussion? I can think of plenty of good uses for it.

Anyhow, I agree with Borek, the answer is, "Yes."

A concern about the nature of the question; I'm rather suspicious of people.

What are toxic compounds?

Toxic compounds are substances that can cause harm or damage to living organisms. They can be found in both solids and liquids and can have various harmful effects, such as causing illness or death.

How do toxic compounds affect human health?

Toxic compounds can have a wide range of effects on human health, depending on the specific compound and the level of exposure. Some common health effects include respiratory problems, neurological disorders, and cancer.

What are some examples of toxic compounds?

There are many different types of toxic compounds, including heavy metals, pesticides, and industrial chemicals. Some specific examples include lead, mercury, DDT, and benzene.

How are toxic compounds regulated?

The regulation of toxic compounds varies by country, but in general, governments have laws and regulations in place to limit the production, use, and disposal of toxic compounds. These regulations often include testing, labeling, and restrictions on certain types of compounds.

How can people protect themselves from exposure to toxic compounds?

There are several ways to protect oneself from exposure to toxic compounds. These include using protective equipment when handling or working with toxic substances, following safety guidelines and regulations, and avoiding known sources of toxic compounds.