Toyota Recall: Is Your Vehicle Affected?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Vehicle
In summary: However, there is mention of a previous recall for floor mats that may have been a contributing factor. Consumer Reports did a video on the subject and my cousin's daughter had problems with a used car stemming from replacement floor mats. The clutch-pedal interlock made it hard to start the car, and the mat could trap the accelerator pedal. Her father and I trimmed the drivers' side mat back to alleviate both, and no more problems. Toyota's current troubles seem a bit more systematic. Too bad, because the Camry always seemed to be up on top of the heap for quality, along with the
oh boy... maybe they could have overlaid something useful, like the percentage of the affected vehicle market occupied by each age group.

Physics news on Phys.org
Lexus GX [460, 2010 model] is a 'Don't Buy' for shoppers, Consumer Reports says

April 13, 2010 | 9:20 a.m.

... The phenomenon, known as "lift-off oversteer" could occur "when a driver enters a highway's exit ramp or drives through a sweeping turn and encounters an unexpected obstacle or suddenly finds that the turn is too tight for the vehicle's speed," Consumer Reports said.

"A natural impulse is to quickly lift off the accelerator pedal. If that were to happen in the GX, the rear could slide around far enough that a wheel could strike a curb or slide off the pavement," the magazine said.

Consumer Reports contacted Toyota and was told in an e-mail response that the automaker was "mystified by the results of Consumer Reports testing on the Lexus GX 460."

After the magazine issued its do not buy warning, Toyota posted a statement on its website saying that it was "concerned with the results of Consumer Reports testing on the Lexus GX 460 and their suggested buyer recommendation."...
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-lexus14-2010apr14,0,5710692.story?track=rss

Is there any conflict of interest that the organization that issues recalls now owns a car company?

Wait until the guy that issues recalls wants the job of the guy that runs the car company

edpell said:
Is there any conflict of interest that the organization that issues recalls now owns a car company?

The government didn't issue a recall. Consumers Reports put the vehicle on their don't buy list.

The stability control system was late kicking in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought everyone knew that Lexus makes crappy cars that no one should buy? Why is this in the news now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12400986

Shares in Toyota have jumped nearly 5% after a US inquiry into reports of unintended acceleration found no electronic flaws in the company's cars.

I always wished for Toyota welfare and hence this news makes me happy.