Unsolved Mystery: Boy Found Dead in Locked Room with Rope Tied Around Neck

• Thread starter harishm18
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mystery
In summary, a boy was found dead in a room with a rope around his neck, lying in water. The room had no windows and only one entrance which was locked from the inside. The only objects in the room were a chair, the rope connected to the boy's neck, and an empty top with two pins. The question posed is to solve this as a detective. This is not a homework assignment but rather a question posted out of interest. The conversation also mentions a similar situation in the movie Three Days of the Condor and a car problem discussed on Car Talk involving frozen water in tires.
harishm18
A boy died with a roap tied in the neck and lied down (both body and roap) in the water in the room . Things in the room ( one chair, one roap lied down connected to the neck of the boy's body, No windows - just one entrance that to be locked inside ,water, empty top with two pins.

If you are a detective . then solve it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Is this a homework assignment?

If so then we need to see your reasoning before we can help

Its not my homework assighnment. I am just preparing for placements . I found this site very interesting .
and I just thought one question and posted it

I know the answer is
ice
even though I don't understand the question. What is an empty top?

Ahh the opening of the old Three Days of the Condor movie with Robert Redford.

Also the Car Talk guys had a similar one with water in the tires, freezing in the morning causing the tire to be unbalanced giving a rough ride. However when the car owner brings the car into be inspected no problem was found because the day got warmer and the ice melted and evenly coated the inside of the tire presrving the balance.

1. What is the "Mystery of the Room: Can You Solve It?"

The "Mystery of the Room: Can You Solve It?" is a puzzle game that challenges players to use their critical thinking and problem-solving skills to unravel a mystery and escape from a locked room.

2. How do you play the game?

To play the game, you must first gather a group of players and enter a room that is filled with clues and puzzles. You must work together to solve the puzzles and use the clues to escape from the room within a certain time limit.

3. Is there a specific strategy to solve the mystery?

There is no specific strategy to solve the mystery as each room and puzzle is unique. However, it is important to communicate and collaborate with your team, observe your surroundings, and think critically to solve the puzzles.

4. What skills are needed to successfully solve the mystery?

To successfully solve the mystery and escape from the room, players need to have strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills. They also need to be observant, creative, and able to work well under pressure.

5. Can the game be played by all ages?

Yes, the game can be played by people of all ages. However, some rooms may have themes or puzzles that are more suitable for adults, so it is best to check with the game provider beforehand.