What is the Best Training Kit for .NET and Embedded Development?

• Thread starter bas222
  • Start date
In summary, a software house in the Netherlands is searching for a high tech training kit for their division, specifically one that combines C# with a microcontroller. They are interested in a robotics training kit that can be controlled by both a microcontroller and a C# windows application. However, there are limited options as .net requires Windows and may not be compatible with microcontrollers. Some potential options include unofficial ports of .net to Linux and training kits from LEGO Mindstorms.
bas222
Hi all,

I work for a software house in the Netherlands. I am between assignments right now. And I am searching for some kind of cursus/training kit for our division.
My manager asked me if I could find out if there is somewhere a training kit with C# for our high tech division. For example a C# application in combination with a micro controller or something. It has to be something high tech (embedded).
Does anybody know a .net / embedded training kit ?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Embedded .net?
Rather depends what you mean by embedded but .net requires windows (XP or newer), I'm not even sure how much of it runs on XP-embedded, it isn't going to run on a microcontroller.
There are unofficial ports of .net to linux (mono) which might run on an ARM but really c# and embedded aren't a good match

Hi,

We (our software house) has a .net cursus. But this cursus is not high tech related. In this cursus you have to make a windows application using C#. With the help of a database.

I would like to make this cursus more high tech. For example a windows application in combination with Robotics or something?! I know lego mindstorms has some nice training kits. But most of them are with a microcontroller using C. I would like to know if there is something like a robotics or somethings, which can be controlled with a microcontroller(C) and a windows application (C#). This is just a example...

For example this training kit:
http://www.trossenrobotics.com/c/educational-division-robotics-connection.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is C#?

C# (pronounced "C-sharp") is a modern, multi-purpose programming language developed by Microsoft. It is widely used for developing various types of software, including desktop applications, web applications, and video games.

2. What is an embedded system?

An embedded system is a computer system designed to perform a specific function within a larger mechanical or electrical system. It typically has a dedicated purpose and is often designed to be small, low power, and low cost. Examples of embedded systems include smartphones, digital cameras, and medical devices.

3. Why is C# commonly used for embedded systems?

C# is a high-level programming language with a simple and easy-to-learn syntax, making it a popular choice for beginners. It also has a large and active community, providing support and resources for developers. Additionally, C# has features that make it well-suited for embedded systems, such as memory management and garbage collection.

4. What is the "Training kit C# -> Embedded" used for?

The "Training kit C# -> Embedded" is a learning resource designed to teach individuals how to use C# for programming embedded systems. It typically includes tutorials, exercises, and practical projects to help users gain hands-on experience with C# development for embedded systems.

5. Is prior programming experience required for using the "Training kit C# -> Embedded"?

While prior programming experience may be helpful, it is not necessarily required for using the "Training kit C# -> Embedded". The kit is designed for beginners and includes step-by-step instructions and exercises to help individuals learn C# and how to use it for embedded systems.