1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transfer Function Equation

1. Mar 20, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

A pressure measurement system uses a sensor that converts pressure into voltage according to the transfer function, Vp = (.5)(square root of P). This voltage is then converted into a current. As pressure varies from 0 - 100 psi, the current varies from 4 - 20 mA.

A. Find the transfer function equation for the conversion of voltage to current.

Known variables
    P = 0 - 100 psi
    I = 4 - 20 mA

2. The attempt at a solution

I would attempt a solution if I knew where to start. The best I can do so far is use the given transfer function of Vp = (.5)(square root of P) to convert pressure into voltage. After that I'm at a loss as to where to get the equation for the conversion of voltage to current. Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2008 #2
    Yeah that's pretty vague; There is an infinite amount of different functions you can fit to the 2 endpoints given. You can use linear interpolation for the easiest transfer function based on your thinking of grabbing the corresponding voltages to the pressures/currents.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?