1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transfer function on a circuit

1. Apr 11, 2013 #1
    I'm tinkering with a software called LTspice. The user can insert circuits and simulate them. After doing some Bode plots I started to wonder what the transfer function looked like. I usually don't bother about this when I build amplifiers, but this LTspice software got me curious.

I looked through some old note I have and came up with this, sort of.

H = Y/X
    Where Y(s) is the laplace tranformation of y(t), likewise for x(t) and in-signal.
    Impedance of a capacitor [itex]Z_c = \frac{1}{i ω C}[/itex] and the resistor [itex]Z_R = R[/itex]. I guess the impedances should be written with [itex]iω = s[/itex] if a proper Laplace tranformation is to be done.

Can any one show me how to derive Y and X for this circuit:

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2013 #2
    I forgot the inner resistance of the triode/tube. The inner resistance is between the input connection and the top/plate connection.

My fumbling attempts:
    [itex]\displaystyle X(s) = \frac{\frac{R_c+\frac{1}{sC}}{R_c \frac{1}{sC}}+R_c}{\left( \frac{R_c+\frac{1}{sC}}{R_c \frac{1}{sC}} \right)R_c}[/itex]

[itex]Y(s) = \frac{R_c+\frac{1}{sC}}{R_c\frac{1}{sC}}+r_a[/itex]

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook