1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transfer Options

1. Apr 25, 2013 #1
    Hi all,

I will be changing schools from a small liberal arts school as part of a 3-2 program and would like some help considering my options. It looks like I will be able to attend Tulane for engineering physics with a full tuition Scholarship or Georgia Tech for Electrical Engineering with no scholarship. I would like to go to graduate school for something like device or condensed matter physics, or alternatively nano EE applications. GT is a notably higher ranked school and so I was wondering if anyone thought attending would be worth the financial loss, especially considering my sub par Gpa (3.48), or if I should obviously take the free ride. In truth I can afford to attend GT with no (or small) student loans even without a scholarship, but that is a large chunk of money that my family could do other things with, even though they appear to be willing to pay it.

To be more specific about my ambitions, I would really like to attend a UC for graduate school. I also spent a summer doing research at GT and really liked it and am a bit tired of New Orleans, but I guess that info isn't helpful.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2013 #2
    I would personally just take the full ride, I don't know that undergraduate institution matters all that much

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook