Transfer to CSU: Over 50 Units and 3.3 GPA in Math and Computer Science

• Thread starter nameVoid
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is 28 years old and has been attending community college with over 50 transferable units and a GPA of 3.3 in math and computer science. They are considering transferring to a state college, specifically CSULB or CSUN, despite having some W's and being dismissed. The speaker encourages them to apply as taking the next step is necessary for progress.
nameVoid
Hello i am 28 years and have been attending community for a while i have over 50 transferable units and a gpa in math and computer science of about 3.3 I am considering tranfering to a state college rthough i have a handfull of w's and have been dismissed is it still possible to get in i am considering csulb or csun

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not familiar with those schools, but given what you've said I see no reason why you won't be able to transfer. I suggest going ahead and applying to them...you can't move forward unless you take the next step, right :smile:?

What is the process for transferring to CSU with over 50 units and a 3.3 GPA in Math and Computer Science?

The process for transferring to CSU with over 50 units and a 3.3 GPA in Math and Computer Science involves submitting an application through the CSU Transfer Application website, providing official transcripts from all colleges attended, and meeting any additional requirements set by the specific CSU campus you are applying to.

Can I transfer to CSU with over 50 units and a 3.3 GPA in Math and Computer Science from a community college?

Yes, you can transfer to CSU with over 50 units and a 3.3 GPA in Math and Computer Science from a community college. CSU has a partnership with California community colleges and offers transfer admission guarantees for eligible students.

What is the minimum GPA requirement for transferring to CSU with over 50 units and a 3.3 GPA in Math and Computer Science?

The minimum GPA requirement for transferring to CSU with over 50 units and a 3.3 GPA in Math and Computer Science is a 2.0. However, meeting the minimum GPA requirement does not guarantee admission as CSU campuses have a competitive admission process.

Are there any additional requirements for transferring to CSU with over 50 units and a 3.3 GPA in Math and Computer Science?

Yes, in addition to meeting the minimum GPA requirement, you may be required to complete specific courses or meet certain criteria for your intended major. It is important to research the specific CSU campus you are applying to in order to ensure you meet all requirements for your desired major.

What are the benefits of transferring to CSU with over 50 units and a 3.3 GPA in Math and Computer Science?

Transferring to CSU with over 50 units and a 3.3 GPA in Math and Computer Science can save you time and money compared to starting as a freshman. You will also have the opportunity to continue your education at a highly respected institution with a diverse range of academic programs and resources.