1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transfering questions

1. Apr 19, 2008 #1
    Hi
    I am considering transferring from Appalachian state university to either UNC Chapel Hill or NC State. I would like to go to a top graduate program somewhere for physics, specifically astronomy or astrophysics. My question herein lies as to whether this is a worthwhile move or not. Right now I am on the path to major in astrophysics and probably double it up with math. If I get into chapel hill I know I will want to go, but I am not sure what to do if I don't get accepted. I am pretty sure that I will be able to get into NC state, but my question is how much of a difference will a degree from NC state then a degree from App be to grad schools?
    Also another thing is that at App there are actual astronomy classes (thus the astrophysics concentration) and at NC state there aren't any, or hardly any astronomy classes. I know that I want to go to grad school for astrophysics, so would it still be worthwhile to transfer to State even though I would lose those astro classes?

*the difference in prices would negligible since I am in state, so the price does not matter.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted