1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transferring as a freshmen?

1. Oct 16, 2008 #1
    ill be honest. i messed up in high school, took two years off now, im in a community college fixing the mistakes i had made. im majoring in math, i dropped physics for now. well see how i feel once i more forward, i may do a minor for fun. but right now, im pretty much starting from ground zero. although, i didnt need to. i remembered most of the material from school, i started back where i did just to form a stronger foundation.

im curious as to; if i can transfer into a 4-year university from a county college, into a freshmen standing. i.e; being completely remediated, which will take the course of the year to get back into calculus 1 level in which i might actually be able to have taken by the spring semester. that can only help, i believe.

right now; im in algebra 2 (again) surprising to me, a lot of the material is what i learned in pre-calculus in high school, savvy i think. philosophy which is a credited freshmen level course. freshmen seminar, which i cant stand for many reasons, ill spare everyone here. and basic chemistry. i had to drop my english course which, was a freshmen level course as well.

if they offer pre-calculus over winter break, ill be taking it. this way ill be in calculus 1 for spring. so my spring schedule will look like this:

pre-calculus/calculus 1
    and maybe English comp again.

with decent standing, (im aiming high!) would i be able to transfer to rutgers or a similar school into a freshmen level?
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted