1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transferring OUT of Engineering

1. Dec 1, 2011 #1
    Is there anything engineering credits can count towards? I have 85 hours of Colo Mines Engineering core classes; none major specific. I also have 19 hours through University of Utah through NOLS; most of which are at the 300 level (see below).

I have everything I need right now-ideal job offer, etc. Mines will take 3+ years to graduate since I struggle with the math so much. And that job may be gone by then. However, my credit doesn't appear to transfer anywhere. I want to transfer into an online school and just get this done with; any suggestions? Contact info of a counselor would be great. General studies at places like UND are my only hit so far.

Priorities are:

1) Graduate quickly (takes credit, online, self-paced, etc)

2) Freedom to take what I'm interested in

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 1, 2011 #2
    If you already have the job you want then maybe you can finish your degree part time at night. I know Mines fairly well and I know that probably won't fly there but CU-Denver might work well for your situation. There are many night and online classes there to cater to non-traditional students. Good luck.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook