1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transferring Schools

1. Jun 24, 2009 #1
    Hi, so I am going to be transferring to a new college in a year and I want to know some opinions on what I should do, I don't have much experience in this or much knowledge of the difference between science programs at these schools.

I checked with some colleges and I could possibly get into them if I did really well for my first year and retook the SAT. These colleges are:

University of Arizona (would be easy to get in and it's in my town)
    Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Harder, but surprisingly do-able)
    Worcester Polytechnic Institute (Still Hard, but do-able)
    Northeastern University (Hard yet Do-able)
    University of Michigan-Ann Arbor (Do-able)
    Clark University (Difficult yet Do-able)

I would like to study some kind of science (math, physics, chemistry, or engineering) so obviously RPI or UMich would be a no brainer but it would cost me a lot more and I don't have scholarships or anything...and prolly won't. I would like to get my PhD and I'm not sure if U of A would be good for getting into a much better grad program. Thank you for your opinions.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted