1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Transformation matrix help needed

1. Mar 30, 2017 #1
    Hi,

I have attached a pdf which shows clearly how I have carried out my transformations from one axis into another.

However, I am not convinced that it is right and I have described why I feel so.

I shall be grateful if someone can help me

Kajal

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 30, 2017 #2
    Can anyone please hekp? I am really struggling and will be extremely grateful

4. Mar 30, 2017 #3

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Could you please clarify in your figure, which of u,v,w maps into which of x,y,z, i.e., is x the (rotated) image of u, y of v etc?

5. Mar 31, 2017 #4
    u should map into the y axis
    v should map into the z axis
    w should map into the x axis

Thanks a lot, looking forward for the response

I think my calculation is wrong (in the pdf) because theta_v, theta_w and theta_t are final rotations (not intermediary rotations)

I need final transformation matrix

Angle between u and y axis is (90 - theta_v) see the figure where theta_v is marked
    Angle between v and z axis is theta_t (See figure theta_t is marked)
    Angle between w and x axis is (90 - theta_h). See figure where theta_h is marked

I need a transformation matrix

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted