Solving Transformer Problems: Confirm My Solution?

VH/VX) = (TH/TX) = (IX/IH) can be used to solve for the turns and the formula I = kVA/V can be used to solve for the ampere-turns. However, there is still some uncertainty about the accuracy of this solution.
Sent

Homework Statement

3Qebdvh.png

Homework Equations

I've used these formulas
(VH/VX) = (TH/TX) = (IX/IH)
for solving the turns although I'm not quite sure if 2400 V is the VH same as for 480 V

for solving the ampere-turns, I = kVA/V
where:
V= either the VH or VX
then multiplied the current I got to its voltage.

Now, I'm not quite sure if my solution or my way of solving is correct.

The Attempt at a Solution

WA8n7QY.png

Can you please confirm if my solution is correct? Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I've found that the ampere turns must be equal. Although I'm still not sure if my solution is correct. :H

1. How do I know if my solution to a transformer problem is correct?

The best way to confirm the correctness of your solution is to double-check your calculations and make sure you have followed all the necessary steps in the problem-solving process. It may also be helpful to compare your solution to a worked example or to ask for feedback from a peer or instructor.

2. What are the common mistakes to avoid when solving transformer problems?

Some common mistakes to avoid include using the wrong formulas or equations, misinterpreting the problem or data given, and making calculation errors. It is also important to pay attention to units and ensure they are consistent throughout the problem-solving process.

3. Can I use the same approach for all transformer problems?

No, the approach for solving transformer problems may vary depending on the specific problem and the given data. It is important to carefully read and understand the problem before deciding on the most appropriate approach.

4. How can I improve my problem-solving skills for transformer problems?

Practicing and reviewing various types of transformer problems can help improve your problem-solving skills. It may also be helpful to seek guidance from a mentor or instructor and to actively engage in discussions and problem-solving activities with peers.

5. What resources can I use to help me solve transformer problems?

There are several resources available, such as textbooks, online tutorials, and practice problems, that can help you understand the concepts and techniques for solving transformer problems. It may also be beneficial to join a study group or seek help from a tutor or mentor.