1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transient Analysis

1. Jul 16, 2008 #1
    At the moment I'n involved with a project that is using the S3K transient analysis code. I was wondering if anyone knows of a different code that will perform transient neutronic operations.

Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2008 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

EPRI developed the ARROTTA code - 3D space-time kinetics code - for the purpose of reactor transient analysis. ARROTTA has been coupled with VIPRE-2. I don't know how well it performs with respect to S3K which is a fairly good code. The vendors have their own methods, but I believe they are not as advanced as S3K.

This paper might be useful - Parallel Computing Methods For The Epri Spatial Kinetics Code Arrotta
    http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/54277.html - look for options on the righthand side of the page for downloading.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  4. Jul 17, 2008 #3
    Thanks. I know that a lot of vendors use their own 'in-house' codes and don't distribute them commercially but is there any way of getting more information about them for a comparison to S3K? I'm trying to compare to see how they stand up to each other. Any type of benchmark test results would be useful.

5. Jul 17, 2008 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?