1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transient heat transfer & simulation software help

1. Nov 7, 2009 #1
    hi everyone;

I've been looking for an easy simulation program to use , for simulating flow and heat transfer through pipes or a piping system.
    actually right now i just need to solve this problem but i'll be using it for more complicated things later on (i think):

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs055.snc3/14241_167173651798_640951798_2863426_1115254_n.jpg [Broken]

now here would it be correct if i calculated the outer surface temp. of the pipe normally, then i start using the trasient eq { T-Tinfinity/Ti-Tinfinity = e-bt} or it must be solved as transient from the beginning(and this is where i get stuck)

thanks in advance

PS: my friend how did this got the diameters on the drawing mixed up and it could be assumed as lumped system

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted