Solving Transistor Doubts with ADS: 2SD2216 from Panasonic

In summary, the speaker is trying to simulate a circuit involving a transistor for the microphone line using ADS software. The transistor model they need, 2SD2216, is not in the ADS library and they are unsure how to create their own model. They are currently using a replacement transistor, Q2N2222, by adjusting the Hfe value. They are also unsure if this is the correct approach. They have also received information about the 2SD2216 being a darlington transistor, which is different from the 2N222A transistor they mentioned.
spid3rx
Hello all,

I have been trying to simulate a circuitry involving a transistor for the microphone line. I believe it was used for amplication of the external audio signal (not too sure, maybe can share the circuit). I am using the ADS to simulate my circuit.

The problem I faced was the transistor model was not in my ADS library and the information I got now is the spec. The transistor is a BJT silicon NPN epitaxial planer type with Hfe = 210 - 340 gain. The p/n is 2SD2216 from panasonic.

I was using Q2N2222 transistor as a replacement by changing the Hfe value and I'm not sure whether I am doing the right thing.

My questions are
whether I can used other transistor model and change the Hfe to represent it?
How do I create my own transistor model in ADS software?

thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2sd2216_1163086_web.pdf
    47.3 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry, there was a typo there. I was a 2SD2216 transistor.

1. What is ADS and how does it help in solving transistor doubts?

ADS (Advanced Design System) is a powerful electronic design automation software that helps in designing and simulating electronic circuits. It allows users to analyze the performance of transistors and troubleshoot any doubts or issues that may arise during the design process.

2. What is the significance of the 2SD2216 transistor from Panasonic?

The 2SD2216 transistor from Panasonic is a high-gain, low-frequency NPN transistor that is commonly used in electronic circuits. It is known for its low noise and high amplification performance, making it ideal for use in audio amplifiers and other low-frequency applications.

3. How can ADS be used to analyze the performance of the 2SD2216 transistor?

ADS allows users to simulate the behavior of the 2SD2216 transistor in different circuit configurations and operating conditions. By inputting the relevant parameters and analyzing the simulation results, users can gain a better understanding of the transistor's performance and identify any potential issues.

4. Can ADS help in troubleshooting common transistor problems?

Yes, ADS has various built-in tools and features that can assist in troubleshooting common transistor problems such as distortion, instability, and thermal issues. These tools include AC and DC analysis, transient analysis, and thermal analysis, which can help identify the root cause of the problem and suggest potential solutions.

5. Is the 2SD2216 transistor suitable for high-frequency applications?

No, the 2SD2216 transistor is not suitable for high-frequency applications as it is designed for low-frequency use. Its performance may be limited or compromised in high-frequency circuits, and it is recommended to use a different transistor specifically designed for such applications.