1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transition to college questions.

1. Dec 18, 2009 #1
    Hey PF,

So I am a junior in high school and am highly interested in physics and mathematics. I really want to go to college for something in this general area. I am really conflicted between taking courses concurrently at a community college, or taking them at my high school. More specifically I am speaking of mathematics courses. I want to take Calculus and Analytical Geometry I this summer and continue from there at the community college. If I do this right by the time I enter college I should be in Calculus and Analytical Geometry III. The only problem is that several of my teachers at my high school have said I should take the AP calc class at my school because it "looks better". My train of thought however is that as long as I get into college looking "better" isn't a big deal. The most important thing is my strength in mathematics, especially if I want to pursue to study in the area of Physics or Applied Mathematics.

What is your opinion on the subject?

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted