1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transition to Medical Physics

  1. Mar 7, 2008 #1
    I have a PhD in Biomedical Physics, research in radiation biology and now a faculty position in cell and molecular biology. I want to return to medical physics but I lack the clinical courses needed, what is the best route to get this experience? Thanks.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 7, 2008 #2
    Depends entirely on where you live.

    If you're in the US or Canada, the best route is to find a CAMPEP accredited medical physics residency program. There aren't a lot of them so competition is pretty high.

    Alternatively, try to find a non-accredited program or a post-doc position that will offer you the clinical experience.

    In the very near future (2012 I believe), eligibility to take the ABR certification exam will require completion of a CAMPEP accredited training program.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Discussions: Transition to Medical Physics
  1. Medical physics (Replies: 0)

  2. Medical Physics (Replies: 5)

  3. Medical physics (Replies: 14)