1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transitioning from general calculus to advanced math and physics

1. Feb 25, 2013 #1

kbw

Hello all,
    I am currently taking Calculus 1B at my school which basically covers integral and will be finishing up Calculus 1C (series) by June. I fell in love with math recently (calculus 1A) so i'm not very familiar with all the math classes out there. Over the summer, I plan to take Calculus D, which is multi-variable calculus but from there, I'm quite unsure about what I should take in my fall quarter (I attend a quarter system community college). I don't want my fall quarter to be too stressful due to transfer applications but my schedule is:
    Organic Chemistry 1
    Biology 1C
    Physics for Scientists and Engineers 1
    MATH-?

I am unsure of which math class to take. After multi-variable calculus (or rather Calculus 1C) you are given the choice of going into Linear Algebra or, after Calculus D, into differential equations. Which math class should I then take over fall, Linear Algebra or Differential Equations? Also, do you guys have any tips as to how I can prepare for these higher level math classes (Calculus 1D, Linear Algebra and Differential Equations)

Thanks!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted