Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Translation E > F

1. Jan 16, 2009 #1

Gold Member

Quick! I need a translation for Choose one: (As in: please choose one of the following options)

Google tells me the literal translation is choisir un but that doesn't mean it is semantically correct. (As a developer, I know that the French have 47,000 different ways of saying the same thing.) BTW, this is a Canadian(French) government website.

It's late Friday night and eveyone including the copywriters have gone home and this tidbit of web copy didn't get translated (mostly because I made it up).
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 16, 2009 #2
    In french, for "please choose one of the following options", I would use "veuillez choisir l'une des options suivantes". I am not canadian though.
  4. Jan 16, 2009 #3

Gold Member

Bah! I should have known. There's several missing bits of copy. Going to have to catch them in QA. (Tricky, since this site launches Monday AM, come hell or high water.)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?