Translation on Inorganic Chemistry ()

In summary, the speaker is seeking help in translating a paper on inorganic chemistry from Spanish to English. They are unsure about the accuracy of the title of the paper and are looking for someone to review their translation. They offer to reciprocate help with Spanish texts in the future. Additionally, the term "nombre compuesto" is clarified to mean "compound name."
llawenydd89
Hi!

I am trying to translate a paper on inorganic chemistry from Spanish into English but, since I am not an English native speaker and my knowledge of chemistry is limited, I could definitely use some help in order to get everything right.

With regard to the title of the paper (NC = (E)-1-(3-phenyl-3-oxo-propen-1-yl)-3,4-dihydroxy-2-nitrobenzene), I am not quite sure if it is correct, because it has been very difficult for me to find reliable parallel texts. To begin with, I don't know if "NC" there makes any sense, it is what it's said in Spanish, but maybe in English it could refer to "Combined Nomenclature" or "Coordination Number"...

If someone didn't mind taking a look at my translation of the paper I would really appreciate it, and of course I'd be glad to return the favor in case anyone would need any help with a Spanish text or whatever. I could send it by e-mail, it's only 2 pages long and you'd only have to check if there is any mistake.

Thank you very much.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Well, "nombre compuesto" means compound name. From the context it looks like the author is saying, "the compound's name is..."

What is the purpose of translation in inorganic chemistry?

The purpose of translation in inorganic chemistry is to understand and communicate the language of inorganic compounds, which includes their structures, properties, and reactions. This allows scientists to better understand and manipulate these compounds for various applications.

What are the key principles of translation in inorganic chemistry?

The key principles of translation in inorganic chemistry include understanding the periodic table, valence electrons, bonding, molecular symmetry, and molecular orbitals. These principles help to predict the properties and reactivity of inorganic compounds.

How does translation play a role in the study of inorganic compounds?

Translation is essential in the study of inorganic compounds as it allows scientists to accurately describe and communicate the properties, structures, and reactions of these compounds. It also helps to identify patterns and trends within the periodic table and understand the underlying principles of inorganic chemistry.

What are some common translation challenges in inorganic chemistry?

Some common translation challenges in inorganic chemistry include accurately translating chemical names and formulas, understanding the differences in nomenclature between different languages, and accurately translating complex concepts and theories.

How can translation in inorganic chemistry contribute to scientific advancements?

Translation in inorganic chemistry plays a crucial role in scientific advancements by allowing scientists from different countries and backgrounds to collaborate and share knowledge. It also helps to disseminate scientific findings and discoveries to a wider audience, leading to further research and advancements in the field.