1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transmission line problem

1. Nov 5, 2015 #1
    • Moved from another forum, so homework template missing
    Hello
    In this problem I tried to find the voltage at 2Z0 (load) that is (landa/4) from generator.My result it is different from teacher's result.what is my mistake?
    (I named V1e as A point and V2e as B point so the voltage across the B point is (Vs/4) according to Zin=Z0 that is the same as Z0 of generator's impedance)
    8767268700_1446709956.png
    my solution:
    2212861200_1446709955.jpg
    Any helo would appreciate

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 5, 2015 #2

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

looks like homework, should have been in that section

4. Nov 7, 2015 #3

rude man

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Why does it say "√2Z0" in the middle of the line? The chas. impedance of the line is by definition Z0.
    So change your source impedance to Z0/√2 and your load impedance to √2Z0 or you're going to get mighty messed up.

5. Nov 9, 2015 #4
    Dear rude-man
    Thank you for accompanying me
    In this problem it assumes that Zc=√2 Z0 it means that the characteristic impedance of line is Zc not Z0 and the other values are Z0 and 2Z0 they don't need to be changed

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted