1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Transmission lines/lc circuits

1. Jan 19, 2009 #1
    I'm currently doing a lab on pulses in cables. The instructions describe the transmission line as a series of parallel lc circuits that transmit the pulse back and forth along the line, but I'm not sure I understand exactly how it works. I understand how an individual lc circuit works, but I'm unsure about how they are acting together in the transmission line.

Can anyone provide some insight into this?

W. =)
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2009 #2

Staff: Mentor

Have you learned about the "Telegrapher's Equations" yet? Here's a link -- your text should have these equations as well:

(note: the wikipedia.org site is not necessarily accurate or stable, especially on more complex technical and Physics-related topics. On this EE topic, it's pretty reliable and stable, especially if you follow the links in it to verify and further your understanding.)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?