Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Trees and flowers

1. Aug 29, 2004 #1
    Do you know of any (philosophical) stories about trees and flowers ?
    Actually, any one is fine... It is not really necessary to be a philosophical one but can be of any types from fictions to non-fictions, anything interesting is all within my main interest...

Thanks so very much for your help..

San Pedro
    :cool: cool NOT kewl ---sal---
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 29, 2004 #2

There is the garden of eden, & the various special trees and flowers in the Lord of the rings and silmarillion. There is two. I guess the world ash tree in Norse mythology might count.
  4. Aug 29, 2004 #3
    Thank you, but I am really serious, no joke at all!
    I don't understand your 3 short sentenced poem either!

Note: hmm, i guess i would say something i used to say so that things would be clearer. ok, listen, Isn't "Need" a critical term to you hmm ? :tongue2:

:cool: Sunny Spain.
  5. Aug 29, 2004 #4
    I have heard of plants subjected to having parts cut or harmed in some way secreting some chemicals similar to those produced in the human body when in pain. But I have no idea how true this is. But if it is true, it might lead to the argument that plants also feel pain, just like animals! :uhh:
  6. Aug 29, 2004 #5
    Hmm, thats a good analogy.
    But do you have any stories about the origins of trees and flowers on earth ?
  7. Aug 29, 2004 #6
    I am not sure about this, maybe the people into Biology might know better. But I reckon plants must have evolved from algae or planktons or something similar. And flowers are part of the way some plants evolved (as a means to reproduce)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?