1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Trees and flowers

1. Aug 29, 2004 #1
    Do you know of any (philosophical) stories about trees and flowers ?
    Actually, any one is fine... It is not really necessary to be a philosophical one but can be of any types from fictions to non-fictions, anything interesting is all within my main interest...

Thanks so very much for your help..

San Pedro
    :cool: cool NOT kewl ---sal---

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 29, 2004 #2

mee

There is the garden of eden, & the various special trees and flowers in the Lord of the rings and silmarillion. There is two. I guess the world ash tree in Norse mythology might count.

4. Aug 29, 2004 #3
    Thank you, but I am really serious, no joke at all!
    I don't understand your 3 short sentenced poem either!

Note: hmm, i guess i would say something i used to say so that things would be clearer. ok, listen, Isn't "Need" a critical term to you hmm ? :tongue2:

:cool: Sunny Spain.

5. Aug 29, 2004 #4
    I have heard of plants subjected to having parts cut or harmed in some way secreting some chemicals similar to those produced in the human body when in pain. But I have no idea how true this is. But if it is true, it might lead to the argument that plants also feel pain, just like animals! :uhh:

6. Aug 29, 2004 #5
    Hmm, thats a good analogy.
    But do you have any stories about the origins of trees and flowers on earth ?

7. Aug 29, 2004 #6
    I am not sure about this, maybe the people into Biology might know better. But I reckon plants must have evolved from algae or planktons or something similar. And flowers are part of the way some plants evolved (as a means to reproduce)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?